"Stuck Inside Of Tottenham With The Mobile Blues Again!"

Author Topic: "Stuck inside of Tottenham with the Mobile blues again!"  (Read 3863 times) 6 replies

Offline SteveS

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • With apologies to M.C.Escher
"Stuck inside of Tottenham with the Mobile blues again!"
« on: March 18, 2013, 03:05:01 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Today, at lunchtime, I found myself stuck in Tottenham with nothing to do for the rest of the day, considering my options.  Now for those of you who haven't been to Tottenham, one of the popular options under circumstances such as this is to leave Tottenham!  So I decided upon a little excursion to my local fish shop;  Even though I don't really have a 'local' fish shop as such.  I decided upon Maidenhead Aquatics in Mill Hill as being easier to get to from where I was rather than the one I wanted to get to from where I normally would be.  [if you get me ;)]

Boy! Was that a mistake.  The garden centre that holds MA Mill Hill had closed and taken MA with it.  It is now being converted into a new Primary School!  Bloody kids, don't they have enough schools as it is!  Why on earth do they want another one?  I thought the birth-rate was falling?  Hasn't any one heard of Birth Control?

Anyway, a warning for you North Londoners!

Quote from: After Bob Dylan
"But the fish shop has been stolen
And the mailbox is locked
Oh, Mama, can this really be the end
To be Stuck inside of Tottenham with the Mobile blues again!"

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Angelfish (1) - Panda Cory (10) - Harlequin Rasbora (10) - Otocinclus (10) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Honey Gourami (10) - Galaxy Rasbora (10) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline ColinB

Re: "Stuck inside of Tottenham with the Mobile blues again!"
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »
mmmm ... bad day, eh Steve?

I hope there's a cold beer in the fridge for you when you get home. ;D

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Resa

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »
oh...poor Steve!  Isn't that annoying when that happens?  I went last week to a shop that is supposed to be open until 7.30pm, but at 6.55 it was already closed!!!  So, a 40 minute round trip for nothing >:(  The next day I went back again and whilst at the checkout commented that I had been the previous evening and why had they closed early?  My answer?  A gallic shrug and the reply that she wasn't working that day so didn't know.  Bloody french!!!
Anyway, on a brighter note, I dragged myself out today to investigate the new garden centre that has opened 5 minutes down the road from me.  Imagine my delight then when I discovered they have a small animal department as well!  Only a few fishy things, but jolly handy for food, gravel, emergency filter bits and the like...no fishies themselves sadly, but who knows, they have only been open a week.  So, I bought myself a little net...... I needed a fishy treat!
I hope tomorrow is a better day for you :)

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline SteveS

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 05:24:47 PM »
I hope there's a cold beer in the fridge for you when you get home. ;D
Sadly, I'm not allowed beer anymore;  So I had a stiff g&t instead!  No ice though;  I'm defrosting the freezer.  Never rains but .....

Angelfish (1) - Panda Cory (10) - Harlequin Rasbora (10) - Otocinclus (10) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Honey Gourami (10) - Galaxy Rasbora (10) -

Offline ColinB

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 06:04:01 PM »
Sadly, I'm not allowed beer anymore;  So I had a stiff g&t instead!  No ice though;  I'm defrosting the freezer.  Never rains but .....

Wow.... really bad day!

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline SteveS

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 11:59:45 PM »
Wow.... really bad day!

It's was actually a really really bad day!  The reason I was stranded in Tottenham in the first place is because I attended a meeting that had been rearranged without anyone informing me!

Offline ColinB

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 07:51:23 AM »
Wow.... really bad day!

It's was actually a really really bad day!  The reason I was stranded in Tottenham in the first place is because I attended a meeting that had been rearranged without anyone informing me!

That qualifies as a totally sh1tty day in my book!

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to ""Stuck inside of Tottenham with the Mobile blues again!""

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
5 Replies
Last post August 16, 2013, 12:36:27 PM
by DutchyHolland
154 Replies
Last post October 25, 2014, 07:00:14 PM
by Sue
15 Replies
Last post November 02, 2014, 06:07:58 PM
by brian c
13 Replies
Last post January 08, 2016, 12:15:23 AM
by Barzers
4 Replies
Last post November 29, 2015, 11:03:44 PM
by fcmf
15 Replies
Last post April 26, 2016, 09:27:04 PM
by fcmf
12 Replies
Last post March 26, 2016, 09:27:25 AM
by Sue

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: