Re: Apologies For Any Headaches This May Cause

Author Topic: Re: Apologies for any headaches this may cause  (Read 1878 times) 0 replies

Offline Diz1

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
Re: Apologies for any headaches this may cause
« on: February 15, 2015, 11:59:33 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hi everyone!
As per the title, apologies for any headaches this may cause.
I am currently setting up my Aqua nano tank again. At the moment, it has spare mature filter medium from my main tank and houses 4 Sterbai cories. I will add 2 more over the next month or so before adding Barquentine, my male Betta.
Everything Ok so far except for the fact that I hate the pump on this tank! As any Aqua nano owner knows, the tank has 3 compartments at the back. The 1st (looking at the tank from the front) houses the pump and the heater. The middle section has now been filled with ceramic noodles and the 3rd compartment (originally filled with slotted filter and carbon media, which caused problems with the flow and which, As I was advised by the esteemed Colin B - where is he nowadays anyway - was removed and replaced by a coarse filter sponge topped with filter wool).
My problems are:
1. Even with the pump turned down to the lowest level, I fear it's too vigorous for a Betta, so how do I reduce the force?
2. It's really noisy! I work from home and the tank is in my office, so it really does affect my concentration.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these tanks such that they could suggest an alternative pump? It has to be sufficient to cope with both cories and Betta; quiet, as far as possible; have a gentle flow for my Betta; and move the water through all 3 compartments so that the tank has good water parameters and water flow.

I know that I may be asking the impossible, but any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Diz

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: