Please Help With My Fish Tank Community Question

Author Topic: please help with my fish tank community question  (Read 18569 times) 106 replies

Offline Matt

• @scapeeasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
Re: please help with my fish tank community question
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2016, 10:41:18 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
That's a good shout Simon, if that is the case I would guess they could be pregnant or get pregnant...

Offline jalot

• Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2016, 10:56:15 PM »
I don't have any other guppies the just accidentally got in the bag and the shop didn't notice and neither did I till I got home the must of been in the car a good couple of hours to? :/

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Siamese Fighting Fish (male) (1) - Angelfish (2) - Ram / Butterfly Cichlid (2) - Golden Nugget Plec (1) - Rainbow Shark (1) - Rummy Nose Tetra (3) - Dwarf Gourami (4) - Cherry Barb (10) - Bristlenose Plec (3) - Japonica Shrimp (15) - Marbled Hatchetfish (3) - Otocinclus (6) - Rosy Tetra (5) - Bleeding Heart Tetra (5) - Black Neon Tetra (6) - Assassin Snail (1) - Ram / Butterfly Cichlid (3) - Peacock Goby (3) - Kuhli Loach (aka Coolie) (5) - Panda Cory (8) - Rainbow Shark (2) - Siamese Fighting Fish (male) (1) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2016, 07:59:56 AM »
Endlers are pretty hardy and the fact they were in with plants probably helped. If they're teeny you should be ok and they shouldn't be pregnant. I'd take em back if I were you, they'll take up room you could use for fish you actually want.

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2016, 08:37:55 AM »
My first reaction is endlers as well. If they are less than half an inch long, they could even be males as they look like females till puberty when they start to colour up.

If they are females and there was even a single male in the same tank, they could be carrying sperm. Males will mate with females when they are still almost babies. These young females don't get pregnant for a while as they are too immature, but they carry the sperm until they are old enough.

A couple of hours in a bag won't harm the fish. I've bought fish from a shop a good hour's drive away.

Offline jalot

• Fishy Member
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2016, 03:35:40 PM »
I have another problem ... I have a cherry barb with something white sticking out on his belly? And I'm worried

Siamese Fighting Fish (male) (1) - Angelfish (2) - Ram / Butterfly Cichlid (2) - Golden Nugget Plec (1) - Rainbow Shark (1) - Rummy Nose Tetra (3) - Dwarf Gourami (4) - Cherry Barb (10) - Bristlenose Plec (3) - Japonica Shrimp (15) - Marbled Hatchetfish (3) - Otocinclus (6) - Rosy Tetra (5) - Bleeding Heart Tetra (5) - Black Neon Tetra (6) - Assassin Snail (1) - Ram / Butterfly Cichlid (3) - Peacock Goby (3) - Kuhli Loach (aka Coolie) (5) - Panda Cory (8) - Rainbow Shark (2) - Siamese Fighting Fish (male) (1) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline jalot

• Fishy Member
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2016, 03:45:55 PM »
This is the best pic  I can get please say nothing is wrong

Offline Sue

« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2016, 04:40:11 PM »
It's hard to be sure from the photo - and we all realise just how hard photographing a given fish can be  >:(

Is it a rounded lump or like a bit of white poo? The photo also makes the abdomen look swollen - is it, or is it just the angle of the photo?

Offline jalot

• Fishy Member
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2016, 04:56:12 PM »
I looks a bit swollen and more like a lump

Offline jalot

• Fishy Member
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2016, 05:00:15 PM »
I've got a better pic now

Offline Sue

« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2016, 05:07:31 PM »
That doesn't look nice at all. But I have no idea what it could be, I'm afraid.

How is the fish behaving?

Offline fcmf

• [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2016, 06:18:44 PM »
Do you think the lump is on the outside (eg from damage through getting stuck in decor, burning against a heater or being nipped by a tankmate, or something else from the outside) or is it more coming from the inside (eg bloating) and which is so severe that it's as though it's protruding out and causing a lump and discolouration on the scales?

Can you describe the lump more eg fluffy or pus-like? Have a good think about whether there's anything non- fish-related that it resembles at all. That way it might help us work out better what it is.

[Incidentally, as I'll not get the opportunity to keep an eye on and reply to further posts this evening, if you think it might be coming from the inside and protruding through the skin, it might be that the fish is bloated from too much food or possibly swallowing some of the substrate, as I've had experience of fancy goldfish doing and then looking a bit like this. If this might be the case, and even if it isn't, it might be worth feeding some chopped pea - take the shell off and cut the two halves of the pea into as many tiny morsels as you can, and this should help unbloat the fish.]

Offline jalot

• Fishy Member
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2016, 07:27:23 PM »
He's acting normal he's with the group and he's eating but it looks like it's all fish but kind of reminds me of an abscess? I've put some aquarium salt in to try help the little fellow out but other than that I have no idea what to do... he isn't acting any differently than normal he still plays in the bubbles and everything

Offline Sue

« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2016, 07:33:10 PM »
Until we can work out what it is, the best thing is water changes (clean water helps) and keep a close eye on it.

Be careful about adding salt as some fish can't tolerate it. You could try a salt bath, that is add the salt to a tub of tank water and out the fish in that for several minutes - if you can catch it.

Offline jalot

• Fishy Member
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2016, 08:26:51 PM »
Il keep an eye on him as every time I put the net in they clump together and go under the bog wood

Offline jalot

• Fishy Member
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2016, 09:10:56 PM »
Okay I have caught him and he's in a salt bath these are the pics I have managed to get

Offline jalot

• Fishy Member
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2016, 09:12:28 PM »
This aswell

Offline Sue

« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2016, 09:20:24 PM »
The top view shows a bulge on the fish's side. In that case it could be an abscess. I don't know of any cure for that, I'm afraid  :(

Offline jalot

• Fishy Member
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2016, 10:43:36 PM »
Unfortunately he didn't make it he died shortly after I put him in the medical tank

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2016, 10:53:57 PM »
Sorry to hear about your fish.

Offline jalot

• Fishy Member
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2016, 11:09:44 PM »
Does anyone know what the best UV steriliser  is for  a 1000lph external filter?

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "please help with my fish tank community question"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
1 Replies
Last post October 01, 2012, 09:14:40 AM
by Sue
3 Replies
Last post May 01, 2014, 10:07:17 AM
by Sue
4 Replies
Last post May 12, 2014, 10:46:56 PM
by jesnon
7 Replies
Last post January 13, 2015, 07:34:27 PM
by fishcake76
2 Replies
Last post February 22, 2016, 09:55:04 PM
by AdyDnt
4 Replies
Last post July 04, 2017, 01:38:23 AM
by Hampalong
4 Replies
Last post February 10, 2019, 01:46:28 PM
by water watcher

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: