Emperor Tetra's Refusing To Eat Frozen Bloodworm And Frozen Brineshrimp

Author Topic: Emperor tetra's refusing to eat frozen bloodworm and frozen brineshrimp  (Read 12952 times) 2 replies

Offline Ironside

• Likes On This Users Post 0
hi

i have 1 male and 1 female emperor tetra which i have had for nearly 6 months, when i first got them they really loved the frozon food i mentioned and ate flake also, however about a month ago i bought some freeze dried tubifex and now the emperor's will only eat this, they refuse flake and frozen food, this has me puzzled. the other fish eat the shrimp and bloodworm and its expiry date is in late 2013 so i know its not bad product
i purchased some frozen Cyclops, Daphnia, Mysis, and White Mosquito Larvae but they are in the post, i hope some of this will tempt them to eat

can someone give me advice

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (6) - Cardinal Tetra (12) - Glass Bloodfin (6) - Penguin Tetra (6) - Blue Tetra (6) - Ember Tetra (20) - Black Neon Tetra (8) - Rummy Nose Tetra (8) - Marbled Hatchetfish (8) - Galaxy Rasbora (10) - Emperor Tetra (6) - Ram / Butterfly Cichlid (1) - Japonica Shrimp (1) - Slender Harlequin (8) - Lemon Tetra (8) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: Emperor tetra's refusing to eat frozen bloodworm and frozen brineshrimp
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 03:03:48 PM »
They sound like teenagers who, having discovered burgers, won't eat their nice healthy salads any more  ;D

All you can do is persevere. They won't starve themselves to death. When they get hungry enough they'll eat whatever you feed them. Fish can go a couple of weeks without food so I wouldn't worry yet.

There are fish that will only eat live food, but I'm sure emperors are not among them.

Have you tried anyhting else besides the frozen/dried live fod and flake? Possibly get some pellets (only make sure they are the right size for the fish you have) and even peas to vary their diet a bit. I have yet to find a fish that doesn't like peas, even the carnivores. Cook them (or save some from your meal), squeeze the insides out of the skins and chop to get the right sized pieces.

Having said all that, I did once have a betta that ate the betta pellets I had. One day he refusd to eat them, and I had to get a different make to get him to eat again.

Offline Ironside

Re: Emperor tetra's refusing to eat frozen bloodworm and frozen brineshrimp
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 10:31:37 PM »
its good to know they will not starve themselves, i do feed my fish peas but not regulary.
i have pellets but they are a bit large, my fish cannot eat them until they soften, and then they nibble at them.
i will look into buying pellet that is the right size for tetra's

thanks for you advice

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (6) - Cardinal Tetra (12) - Glass Bloodfin (6) - Penguin Tetra (6) - Blue Tetra (6) - Ember Tetra (20) - Black Neon Tetra (8) - Rummy Nose Tetra (8) - Marbled Hatchetfish (8) - Galaxy Rasbora (10) - Emperor Tetra (6) - Ram / Butterfly Cichlid (1) - Japonica Shrimp (1) - Slender Harlequin (8) - Lemon Tetra (8) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Emperor tetra's refusing to eat frozen bloodworm and frozen brineshrimp"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
5 Replies
Last post March 24, 2014, 10:55:22 PM
by notungz
0 Replies
Last post November 21, 2014, 04:23:41 PM
by Robert
1 Replies
Last post March 08, 2015, 03:51:21 PM
by Sue
2 Replies
Last post July 02, 2015, 02:43:12 PM
by notungz
7 Replies
Last post December 21, 2015, 05:12:44 PM
by Sue
10 Replies
Last post May 15, 2017, 04:34:38 PM
by Sue
2 Replies
Last post September 13, 2017, 08:37:04 PM
by Andy The Minion

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: