Dennerle Carbo Elixir BIO Liquid Carbon

Author Topic: Dennerle Carbo Elixir BIO Liquid Carbon  (Read 3483 times) 6 replies

Offline Rustle

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
Dennerle Carbo Elixir BIO Liquid Carbon
« on: October 26, 2018, 08:20:42 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
We started using this product before i went in hospital and while i was in hospital' and we happen to lose 3 baby catfish 2 neons 2 rasboras and about half a dozen shrimp that i knew of at the time.

We racked our brains to think what was causing the death's, We knew it was not the aquascaper fertilizer as we been using that for ages with no problems. The water quality was fine and with no sign's of parasite's or infection's we came to the conclusion or to be precise my wife did'' that it could be the new liquid carbon we were using.We stopped using this and have had no more death's since touch wood.

I read somewhere that this was made with natural organic product's but how can this be when it's colouring is blue, So that don't seem natural to me as surely it would be a brownish colour.

I will never use this product again.I can't be 100% sure this was the cause but since we stopped this everything has been fine (touch wood)

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (7) - Harlequin Rasbora (11) - Honey Gourami (2) - Guppy (male) (3) - Otocinclus (5) - Japonica Shrimp (8) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Littlefish

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • aka Donna
Re: Dennerle Carbo Elixir BIO Liquid Carbon
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 09:31:07 AM »
So sorry to hear that you've lost so many fish.  :(

Had you been using another brand of liquid carbon previously?
I don't have any experience with the Dennerle product, but I have used/am using the TNC liquid carbon, and haven't had any problems.

Offline TopCookie

• aka: Pierre
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 02:25:28 PM »
I'm now starting to question the whole point of liquid carbon, after reading this and other "evidence" etc...  Seems to me, if you don't have a high tech set up, then the chances are you simply don't need it...  If you do have a high tech set up, the chances are you'll be using gas carbon anyways...  Not sure if there is a genuine value, or advantage, to liquid carbon at all now...

Offline daveyng

• Super Subscriber!
  • Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 06:49:51 PM »
I switched over from EasyCarbo to the Carbo Elixir Bio. I have had no problems with this changeover apart from an increase in algae growth on the glass. I do have an high tec setup and the Liquid Carbon is supplemental to CO2 injection. I don’t know what the effects on growth will be if I stopped using it.
I may go back to dosing EasyCarbo (glut based) primarily for it’s algicidal properties.

Offline Matt

• @scapeeasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 10:08:27 PM »
These products lower the pH quite significantly and their use should therefore be done in such a way as to build them up gradually. The bio carbon I use however is brown and is by MicrobeLift... not a vibrant blue like you have said! The same applies for Glut based products.

Offline Rustle

• Super Subscriber!
  • Super Fishy Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 07:01:49 AM »
@Littlefish i was using easy carbo before i switched to elixer pro.@TopCookie i am starting to to think that way about liquid carbon aswell. @ Matt i was only using a daily dose of 2ml which was under dosing, Interesting about the lowering of the PH tho. I must admit i do not check that very often due to it being the same everytime i do.

This really hit hard tho losing so many in a short space of time. The worst bit was losing three baby catfish that we bred from eggs.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (7) - Harlequin Rasbora (11) - Honey Gourami (2) - Guppy (male) (3) - Otocinclus (5) - Japonica Shrimp (8) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Matt

• @scapeeasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 11:21:38 AM »
The worst bit was losing three baby catfish that we bred from eggs.

That's really not a nice thing to happen...  :'(

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Dennerle Carbo Elixir BIO Liquid Carbon"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
1 Replies
Last post January 27, 2014, 02:38:13 PM
by SteveS
2 Replies
Last post January 29, 2015, 03:45:32 PM
by Sanjo
2 Replies
Last post February 09, 2015, 11:57:22 AM
by Fiona
5 Replies
Last post November 06, 2015, 02:24:41 PM
by Sue
5 Replies
Last post November 08, 2017, 10:05:32 AM
by Sue
7 Replies
Last post May 26, 2018, 11:32:52 AM
by TopCookie
33 Replies
Last post February 11, 2019, 09:51:01 PM
by jaypeecee

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: