A Suitable Replacement For The Shark?

Author Topic: A suitable replacement for the shark?  (Read 8059 times) 23 replies

Offline Resa

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: A suitable replacement for the shark?
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2014, 09:39:50 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
I think Colin's post was a bit tongue-in-cheek Cazzy - you'll find that most regular forum users on here have a tendency towards daftness (apart from me of course - all my posts are deadly serious  ::) ) but there's usually a dollop of good advice in the mix!  ;)

Cazzy, dbag is quite right, some forum users on here can be extremely juvenile ;) I do try to keep them in check but they are boys after all, and even my level-headed, serious approach to the forum doesn't always keep control of them ;)
We are a friendly lot really and are used to having banter amongst ourselves, but perhaps our humour is an acquired taste, and we should restrict it to those that are happy to join in. I, for one, will remember that.
We'll have to ask Robert for a tick yes/no box to banter, sarcasm or ribbing on the new membership page :)

Having said all that, Colin did go to the trouble of finding some fish choices for you to look at, so a thank you might have been nice.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline dbaggie

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Fishkeeping - trickier than it looks...
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 10:59:56 PM »
if you write stuff off thread, (a bit like this one has gone :-[)

Yes, that may have happened ever so slightly, best get back on topic before Steve says summat....

So, decent size but not too big, good colour, a bit different, unlikely to eat smaller fish, something of a scavenger/cleaner - how about as a left-field suggestion; the Sailfin Molly? Ticks a lot of the boxes and will tackle some algae. I have standard mollies and they're always nibbling away at stuff around the tank. Only thing is that they do like a good poo after all that eating.....

Offline Cazzybaby

• Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 11:02:49 PM »
Thanks dbaggie I already have some mollies , they like going through the gravel but don't really give the deep clean the the shark would do to plants and ornaments. Any how I will leave this now as I feel I'm in the wrong place.

Offline chris213

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • were going to need a bigger tank
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2014, 08:00:13 AM »
i cant remember the size of your tank , i think someone mentioned pearl gourami further up this post but if your tank is big enough i have some snakeskin gourmai in my tank and these do a pretty good job of feeding of the plants the alge on the back wall and are very happy to dig around in the bottom of my tank ( also depends on your gravel type , i have sand ), only drawback to these is they get big and are a bit messy with there waste , some people describe there colour as a bit dull but i find my eyes draw to them becuase of there colours and a slight hint of gold in them and they have a great character to them and a re nice and active.

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "A suitable replacement for the shark?"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
10 Replies
Last post January 23, 2013, 03:45:31 PM
by Sue
4 Replies
Last post January 04, 2016, 04:06:27 PM
by Arniemar
26 Replies
Last post July 12, 2016, 05:21:33 PM
by Sue
6 Replies
Last post July 17, 2016, 04:57:53 PM
by Fiona
8 Replies
Last post September 19, 2017, 09:46:19 PM
by Matt
2 Replies
Last post October 10, 2018, 12:56:30 PM
by Littlefish
21 Replies
Last post January 27, 2021, 10:08:48 PM
by Afterburner

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: