The Fish

Author Topic: The fish  (Read 7430 times) 15 replies

Offline Don

• Fishy Member
The fish
« on: October 24, 2012, 04:47:39 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Firstly the boss. This is my male platinum blue angel (bit bigger than the last pic) ye he shimmers blue through his dorasl fin chucklett.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Golden Pencilfish (25) - Panda Cory (20) - Panda Dwarf Cichlid (2) - Lampeye Panchax (15) - Bristlenose Plec (2) - Discus (7) - Sparkling Gourami (8) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Bristlenose Plec (3) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Chucklett

• Super Fishy Member
Re: The fish
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 07:56:23 PM »
Totally gorgeous Don  :D

A beautiful angel specimen if ever I saw one  ;)

Offline Don

• Fishy Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 10:55:51 AM »
The Discus

Golden Pencilfish (25) - Panda Cory (20) - Panda Dwarf Cichlid (2) - Lampeye Panchax (15) - Bristlenose Plec (2) - Discus (7) - Sparkling Gourami (8) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Bristlenose Plec (3) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Don

• Fishy Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 10:57:27 AM »
Thanks chucklett he is nice but hes a bugger. I got up yesterday to find my female jammed in some rocks, hed been harrasing her for a while and seems to have completely turned on her. Thankfully she was still alive and is recovering in the discus tank.

Offline Chucklett

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 11:31:59 AM »
Oh no! What a shame  :( You've had them quite a while - why would Mr.Angel decide after all this time to turn on her? Is that common?

Glad to hear you found her in time though - hope she makes a full recovery. Keep us posted  ;)

PS. Love the discus pics - you're beginning to get me "into" bigger fish with your lovely photos!

Offline Don

• Fishy Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 12:22:08 PM »
Haha cant wait to see your bigger fish. Thanks im realy pleased with my discus there colouring up well, greedy though even worse than angelfish and i thought they were bad.

Ye i am gutted i love angels but every time i get some there a pain. Can be they can be very aggresive and i have heard of it. I think primarily because she wasnt putting out. They were using the filter pipe to breed but the strainer got clogged. I had to move it around and it spooked her. Didnt bother him lol so he was on it and she wasnt and he started picking at her and it esculated.

Ye she is fine now bopping around the bigger tank with the discus eating well and her fins are getting better. Not sure now wether i try and reintroduce her or leave them apart.

Offline Chucklett

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 06:52:33 PM »
Oh bless her fussy little socks! Some animals just dont like change do they? I didnt realise angels could be so particular. Glad to hear she's doing well though  :) 

Hmmmm, its a shame to keep them apart - they do look so good together! But I would be scared of re-introducing them too. Oh decisions, decisions  ::) .................

Offline Don

• Fishy Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 11:17:02 AM »
Ye there funny fish typical cichlids and i stil maintain not a community fish, ive seen them eat smaller fish. Kill there own and almost there partner.

Ye i realy not sure what im gona do, altgough she is enjoying being a discus at the moment definetly part of there group now.

Offline Chucklett

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 11:36:15 AM »
Wow - not so angelic after all then? I am surprised.

altgough she is enjoying being a discus at the moment

Ha ha ha ha  ;D

Offline Don

• Fishy Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 12:00:40 PM »
it is funny to watch, and there actualy not that different in shape, the body shape is very similar.

ye more like devil fish quite often, i am sure my male has retractable horns  >:(, but then they are cichlids and typical cichlids at that although even he is scared of my apistogramma noberti male and hes scared of his wife  :)

Offline Chucklett

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 02:17:32 PM »

....................i am sure my male has retractable horns  >:(
................... and hes scared of his wife  :)

We need a "like" button on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline Don

• Fishy Member
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 09:33:25 PM »

excuse the grubby tank look that apisto corner and there breeding so i leave it alone.

Offline Chucklett

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 09:43:52 PM »
Absolutely stunning photos of a very stunning fish  :)

You posted some amazing pictures of your beautiful angels on the old forum, but as you mention the apistos breeding corner then Im guessing these are new photos?

Offline Don

• Fishy Member
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 10:06:04 PM »
Thanks chucklet. He seems to be on a growing mission at the moment. These pics were taken an hour ago. Still deciding if i give him his partner back not sure if hes gona play nice.  >:(

Offline Don

• Fishy Member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 09:32:49 AM »
Here is the female she is more camera shy than the male so sorry about the pics

Offline Chucklett

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 06:38:36 PM »
Fantastic photos Don  :)

She looks gorgeous in the vallis! Glad to see she's looking well  ;) I read that you're still undecided as to whether or not you should try putting her back in with Mr.Angel........  :-\

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "The fish"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
1 Replies
Last post November 11, 2013, 02:52:18 PM
by Sue
2 Replies
Last post November 20, 2013, 10:28:05 AM
by polkadotpuffer
3 Replies
Last post December 01, 2013, 07:17:10 PM
by notungz
3 Replies
Last post December 09, 2013, 01:06:33 PM
by Sue
7 Replies
Last post May 23, 2017, 05:32:59 AM
by Matt
4 Replies
Last post July 16, 2017, 07:57:16 PM
by TrenchyLs
14 Replies
Last post November 07, 2019, 08:11:52 PM
by Matt

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: