My Fish Tanks And Pictures (Littlefish)

Author Topic: My fish tanks and Pictures (Littlefish)  (Read 24816 times) 102 replies

Offline Littlefish

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • aka Donna
My fish tanks and Pictures (Littlefish)
« on: February 29, 2016, 10:28:48 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Have just taken a few pictures of my tanks using my phone, so apologies for the quality. I hope I've attached the files properly.
I have a 70 litre tank with zebra and leopard fish, and one female variatus platy. Other female platies to join when babies are big enough. Will probably finish the tank with some small cories.
125 litre tank has 6 dwarf puffers, who gather for meals. May get a few more when these ones have settled.
200 litre tank houses 3 axolotls.

I am cycling the following tanks:
125L tank, which I hope to set up for hillstream loaches, perhaps a bulldog catfish plus some shoaling fish.
50L tank for standard and green tiger barbs
70L tank - undecided at the moment.

Offline Paddyc

• Super Hero Member
Re: My tanks
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 11:01:46 PM »
Loving your work!  8) 8) 8)

I imagine this takes a fair amount of dedication, patience and time to achieve... Your axolotl looks amazing!!! And the vibrance in the tank with all the plants is superb!

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 10:58:50 AM »
Thanks. I'm pleased with they way they have turned out.   ;D
They have also taken a bit of trial and error, but so far so good.
I started with smaller tanks, and although it has been a bit expensive I'm so glad that I have upgraded to the largest tanks that I can fit into any available space.
I'm looking forward to starting my stream tank for hillstream loaches, catfish etc.

I hope that you have as much fun with your tank......arriving tomorrow!

Offline fcmf

• [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 01:30:07 PM »
Wow - I envy the space you have for those tanks, the tanks themselves, and therefore the option for more fish.  :)

Offline Sanjo

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 01:31:41 PM »
Love those tanks.
What I call a serious case of multi tank syndrome

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 03:30:25 PM »
I'm quite lucky to have the space for the tanks.
I admit that I've had to get rid of half of my dvds & storage units to make room.
Yes, it is a serious case of MTS. Perhaps going to the aquatics centres while my first few tanks were cycling was not such a good idea after all, but I'm having a lot of fun.  ;D

Offline Anne

• Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 07:53:38 PM »
Lovely tanks, very impressed and a little envious you were able to accommodate your mts.

I only really have additional space for a quarantine/hospital tank (even with some serious rearranging) which I prefer to be empty and in the cupboard now that my tank is full.

Anne

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 09:14:13 PM »
Thanks.
I've managed to get all the tanks into the living/dining room, so I guess I could spread to other rooms, but I'm trying to keep the MTS slightly under control. That is not going to plan at the moment as I have just got home with 3 (almost) adult axolotls that someone fairly local wanted to get rid of, so the tank I had planned for hillstream loaches & catfish has been used. Luckily I still have just enough space to get another 125L tank so I can still have the loaches and catfish.
 :)

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 12:12:23 PM »
Very nice tanks :)

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 02:26:39 PM »
Thanks Fiona.
 :)

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 06:15:55 PM »
I went to MA yesterday to get some more fish. I made it out without buying another tank (last 240L on sale, plus extra discount, with cabinet), but did the fish I'd gone for.

The 125 litre dwarf puffer tank has been rearranged slightly, and some of the artificial plants have been replaced with bunched plants. I also have some frogbit floating on top. I've now fully stocked this tank with dwarf puffers, so this tank is now complete. The dwarf puffers I bought yesterday seem to have settled in and are eating well. They are much smaller than the ones I've had since January, but I assume they will grow over the next few months.

I also put some more bunched plants and frogbit into the 70 litre tank which contained the zebra and leopard danios. There are also some v. platies - females only after the earlier baby issues. Baby momma and the two little ones have settled in nicely. Yesterday I completed the tank with some peppered corys. In fact I was over the moon this afternoon when I witnessed a cory fart - sorry I didn't manage to capture a picture of it for everyone.  ;D

Baby daddy v. platy is still in his own tank, with more bunched plants and water lettuce.
The axolotls are doing well and I'm trying to decide what to do with the next tanks I have cycling.  :)

Offline Paddyc

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 06:26:54 PM »
I really like your tanks Lf, really natural looking and the fish must be comfy. Great pics  :cheers:

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 07:54:17 PM »
Cheers mate  :cheers:

There doesn't seem to be a problem with both groups of dwarf puffers getting on and there wasn't too much hassle at dinner time. I've also spent ages watching the peppered cory, they have such a funny way of moving and searching through the sand.

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 08:21:21 PM »
Lovely pics Littlefish :) Thanks for sharing!

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 08:26:30 PM »
They look great,  :) did you use a different phone or summat, the colours looks much better. Rather envious of your newty things (I'm not even going to try and spell it) are they fun to watch?

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 09:20:11 PM »
Thanks Robert and Fiona.
The pictures of the zebra fish tank look better because I had the tank light on this time. It's taken me a while to get them used to having the light on every day, but they are fine with it now. Same with the puffers, they hid away first time, but are fine with lights now.
The axolotls really aren't keen on light because they don't have any eyelids. They are amazing things to watch - their eyesight isn't great so they often crash into things face first. They go crazy for earthworms and will even swim to the top of the tank when they think that food is a possibility.
I have been rearranging some furniture & tanks this evening, trying to work out what to do next with the rest of the tanks.  ;D

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 12:27:38 PM »
You should add your tanks to your forum profile LF, it'd be an impressive list.

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 01:49:12 PM »
I will do soon, when I have decided what I'm going to do next. I'm currently looking at 3 empty tanks (2 x 70L and 1 x 50L) that are cycling, and trying to convince myself that I don't need the 240L tank I saw on sale at MA, which could combine what I would consider putting in the other tanks...... ::)   and would allow me to get some of the smaller catfish..... ::)   :-[ 

Offline fcmf

• [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2016, 09:59:20 AM »
If I had (or could create) your space, I can just imagine going through that very dilemma or having that 240L sale tank tempting me repeatedly. What are your thoughts on the situation now, or are you back from an early-morning visit to MA, with the 240L in process of being set up..?   :)

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2016, 12:15:00 PM »
It was very tempting to go to MA this morning, but I had to get my regular supply of earthworms for the axolotls, which means a different aquatics & reptile centre. However, I did buy some tiger barbs for the 70 litre tank. The plan for that one is to let them settle in and later on get some green tiger barbs. I also got some glass bloodfin tetra for the 50 litre tank to keep daddy fish (the v. platy that was in a tank on his own) company.
Hopefully this will keep me occupied for a while so that I'm not tempted by further purchases.  ;D
It's probably only a matter of time though.  :-[

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "My fish tanks and Pictures (Littlefish)"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
6 Replies
Last post September 27, 2012, 05:11:57 PM
by Sue
20 Replies
Last post September 29, 2013, 02:51:03 PM
by Sue
6 Replies
Last post April 10, 2014, 10:47:22 PM
by jesnon
5 Replies
Last post July 02, 2015, 01:46:19 PM
by Fiona
7 Replies
Last post April 26, 2016, 08:09:35 AM
by Littlefish
24 Replies
Last post December 23, 2016, 03:02:04 PM
by Littlefish
9 Replies
Last post February 15, 2017, 07:50:08 AM
by Littlefish

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: