My Fish Tanks And Pictures (Littlefish)

Author Topic: My fish tanks and Pictures (Littlefish)  (Read 24848 times) 102 replies

Offline Littlefish

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • aka Donna
Re: My tanks
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 03:21:13 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Have just got back from MA.  :)
Luckily (depends on perspective) the 240L tank had been sold ( :( ), so I guess that saved me some money, even though I'm fairly certain that the larger axolotls would have loved a bigger tank.
However, I have got some fish for some of my other tanks.
The 50L tank now contains the male v. platy, some glass bloodfin tetras, and some peppered cories.
The one of the 70L tanks now contains standard and green tiger barbs.
I'll wait until they have all finished settling in and will then take some pictures.
 :fishy1:

Offline Anne

• Super Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2016, 09:17:04 PM »
Peppered Cories are my favourite fish, I spend ages watching them hunt for food in the sand, the sand trickles out of their gills once they have sifted it for food in their mouth.

Tiger barbs are on my wish list.  One of my many imaginary tanks is filled will barbs - original, green, red, golden.  4 of each making a nice group.

Imaginary tanks are my way of dealing with MTS.  Unfortunately I don't have a lot of space but if I did suddenly find myself with space for lots more tanks they are already planned out in my head. ;D

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2016, 09:44:30 PM »
I got some peppered cories recently for my danio & female platy tank. They are quite funny the way they rummage through the sand and I have spent quite some time watching them. So, when my other temperate tank has some space available it seemed like a sensible idea to get some more.   :fishy1:

As for the tiger barbs, I'd seen then at the LFS, but it was probably the pictures/video of Simons tank that did it. I think the different colours look quite nice together.  ;D

Space is not so much of a problem for me, but temptation is. Sue recently introduced the forum to a particular company that does very reasonable priced custom tanks (with cabinets). One of the guys at MA is also putting far to much temptation in my way by going through lists of tanks that they have on sale and what I could have in them.  :-[  :)

Offline fcmf

• [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2016, 10:52:40 PM »
I'll wait until they have all finished settling in and will then take some pictures.
Excellent - keep these updates and pics coming... loving them!

Sue recently introduced the forum to a particular company that does very reasonable priced custom tanks (with cabinets).
Yes, I found myself browsing what I would order from them if I had the space eg a 5ft tank, then started looking at YouTube videos of various types of fish which I would stock them with. Ah well...

Imaginary tanks are my way of dealing with MTS.
Great suggestion, Anne.

Offline Fiona

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 09:58:05 AM »
One of the guys at MA is also putting far to much temptation in my way by going through lists of tanks that they have on sale and what I could have in them.

Methinks you should haggle  ;)

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 01:04:07 PM »
Well, all further tank purchases are now on hold until I have resolved my axolotl issues.
Actually, now I think about it, a friend from my home town (Cardiff) is arriving tomorrow for a visit and she has a much more impressive cleavage. Perhaps I should take her along to distract them while I negotiate a discount.  ;D

Offline Skittler

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Shrimpaholic
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2016, 01:11:29 PM »
Now I remember where I made that very expensive mistake all those years ago !!

Skittler

Offline fcmf

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2016, 01:21:14 PM »
Great to have someone from Wales on the forum.

I choked on my sandwich when I read your other comment.  :))

Offline Paddyc

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2016, 01:32:16 PM »
This was all I remember...

...she has a much more impressive cleavage...

:cheers:

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2016, 04:41:55 PM »
After the overnight unexpected axolotl breeding surprise, the day had been a bit chaotic. The 3 older axolotls are now in seperate tanks and I've just sat down for a coffee and to catch up on the forum.
What can I say, it's nice to have a chuckle at some of your comments.
 ;D

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2016, 09:54:31 PM »
Managed to get some quick pics of the new fish.
One tank contains the male v. platy (Daddy fish), along with some glass bloodfin tetra and peppered cories.
The other tank contains the standard and green tiger barbs.

Offline Extreme_One

• Super Hero Member
  • Call me Simon
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2016, 10:03:48 PM »
Very nice.  :cheers:

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Tiger Barb (1) - Cardinal Tetra (17) - Otocinclus (1) - Agassiz's Dwarf Cichlid (2) - Ornamental Snails (50) - Assassin Snail (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2016, 10:09:05 PM »
Thanks.
The tiger barbs were so funny, going through the gaps under the bogwood in a line. It looked so organised until the one at the front decided to turn around and go back.  ;D

Offline fcmf

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2016, 10:20:33 PM »
Very nice. How is the platy finding his new tankmates - does he seem pleased with the company?

Offline Extreme_One

• Super Hero Member
  • Call me Simon
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2016, 10:23:01 PM »
Thanks.
The tiger barbs were so funny, going through the gaps under the bogwood in a line. It looked so organised until the one at the front decided to turn around and go back.  ;D

Yeah Tiger Barbs are so entertaining. You'll have to let me know how their feeding times go.

My wife calls my Tigers 'The Piranhas "  ;)

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Tiger Barb (1) - Cardinal Tetra (17) - Otocinclus (1) - Agassiz's Dwarf Cichlid (2) - Ornamental Snails (50) - Assassin Snail (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 09:28:59 AM »
fcmf, when the male v. platy was moved, then the new fish introduced, I did wonder if I'd done the right thing.  :( 
The platy had probably got more attention than the other fish because he was in a tank on his own. I thought I'd put all his plants, rocks etc. in the new tank, hoping it would feel familiar to him. I also introduced him first, hoping the others would see it as his tank. I only introduced 5 tetra to start with, hoping the platy wouldn't feel so threated with larger numbers. Not sure it went well as he spent most of his time in the front corner, only really doing anything else when I was near the tank. At feeding times I fed him first (individually, with bloodworm, one of his favourites), then fed flake to the others. Didn't want them all turning into divas  ;D
Things seem to have settled down now. There are more glass bloodfins, and a group of peppered cories. The platy potters around all of the tank, nibbling at the wood and the plants, not seeming to be bothered. They now all get fed the same things at the same time, usually flake or daphnia, so I'm more comfortable with the outcome now.
Obviously I still occasionally wander past the tank and stop to tell him that he's a good boy and looking lovely, as old habits die hard, but it is nice to see him potter around the whole tank, the way he used to in his individual tank.  ;D

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2016, 09:55:06 AM »
Simon - feeding time is a bit of a frenzy, but seems quite good natured.  :)
I know they are in a species only tank, so they are probably going to settle in more quickly than a mixed species tank, but they are generally much bolder than I expected so quickly. They are active and entertaining, exploring the whole tank, plants, bogwood, rocks, all investigated from every angle. Since they've been in the tank I've added some extra bunched plants. When I put my hand in the tank they didn't even interrupt what they were doing let alone hide. They seem to have settled in and are now at the point where they occasionally chase each other, so I guess they are comfortable enough to start sorting out their hierarchy.
I purposefully understocked the tank. Originally I was hoping to get some sort of small bottom feeder or catfish. After yesterday, with the surprise axolotl chaos and having all empty tanks taken up with segregated & possibly more mature than expected individual axolotls, I think I might be better putting all plans for additional fish/another reorganisation/larger tanks on hold for a while. Not sure I have the energy for another day like yesterday.
I can see the barb tank side on from the arm chair, and front on from the sofa, so it was always planned to be an active/entertaining tank. I was planning for the identical 70L tank next to it to be a tiny fish tank - a tank for tiny fish (approx. 4 cm, large groups), so that would have been another active/entertaining one. That tank now contains a slightly sulky axolotl. These things happen and plans have to be adaptable when it comes to pets.  :fishy1:

Offline fcmf

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2016, 01:32:11 PM »
Thanks for the update, LF. I read that with bated breath, then was mightily relieved to learn that normality is restored for the platy. I think you carried out that whole procedure of the move perfectly which is why it's resulted so well. I definitely think you need to keep up the interaction with him as you're doing. (I'm also finding that the more I sit down and interact with my fish, usually telling them how great and entertaining they are, the more they crowd round now to "listen" - different from the way they crowd round looking for food. It happened readily with my goldfish but, with sustained practice, headway is at last being made with the tropicals too. ;D )

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
Re: My fish tanks and Pictures (Littlefish)
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2016, 10:04:43 PM »
Well, apparently I can't leave a tank empty.  ::)  :-[
Well, technically not empty as I kept running it for snails for the puffers.
Then I went to MA and saw this little lady......a lavender betta, a pretty blue with some red, and white edges to the fins. My camera photo not great, but visiting friend has a nice camera.
Fish not as grumpy as she looks in the pictures, has settled in very quickly and comes to the front of the tank for a chat and to look fabulous on a regular basis.
 :)

Offline Sue

Re: My fish tanks and Pictures (Littlefish)
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2016, 10:19:04 AM »
She's pretty  :)

But are you sure she's a she? Those ventral fins look rather long for a female. And shops often can't tell the difference between females and male plakat battas

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "My fish tanks and Pictures (Littlefish)"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
6 Replies
Last post September 27, 2012, 05:11:57 PM
by Sue
20 Replies
Last post September 29, 2013, 02:51:03 PM
by Sue
6 Replies
Last post April 10, 2014, 10:47:22 PM
by jesnon
5 Replies
Last post July 02, 2015, 01:46:19 PM
by Fiona
7 Replies
Last post April 26, 2016, 08:09:35 AM
by Littlefish
24 Replies
Last post December 23, 2016, 03:02:04 PM
by Littlefish
9 Replies
Last post February 15, 2017, 07:50:08 AM
by Littlefish

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: