My New Endlers!

Author Topic: My new endlers!  (Read 23059 times) 87 replies

Offline jesnon

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: My new endlers!
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 11:13:41 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Thanks for the advice Sue, the shop owner has offered to replace the fish for me and I don't recall any of them looking sickly but will make sure to check the tank thoroughly when I go back and ask about the tank. Or should I just ask him via the shop site where I asked for the replacement!? I don't want to seem like I'm hassling them but at the same time it seems silly to go all the way there if they have had problems!

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Endler's Livebearer (8) - Panda Cory (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Galaxy Rasbora (6) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 11:17:55 AM »
Tricky one. If it's a long trip, it's not worth the journey if there is a problem with the fish in the shop. But then you can't tell if the owner is lying though his teeth on the internet. I would ask him before going, then use your judgement.

Offline jesnon

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 11:35:56 AM »
Very true! It's not too far away it's just a slightly further than the other fish shops. Have asked so will see what they say!

Endler's Livebearer (8) - Panda Cory (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Galaxy Rasbora (6) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline jesnon

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 08:12:14 PM »
The guy claims there's no problems and I've only heard good things previously about the shop so I'm going to poke my head in on saturday and may have a new addition!

I bought a plant earlier which i attatched to my wood.. not a job for someone like me, I nearly gave up! Apparently it's a slightly more usual java fern so I'm hoping it will survive, but after how i treated it i have my doubts!here's my tank:

Offline Resa

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 08:34:16 PM »
That looks really good, Jesnon......beautifully clear

Resa
  :)

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline jesnon

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 10:49:23 PM »
Thanks resa! Hoping my plant survives it's ordeal ha

Offline ColinB

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 07:37:42 AM »
Looking good! Live plants are definitely the way to go.... and Java Fern is great.  8)

Small sugestion.... don't have a heater clip round the hot part of the heater, have them both at the top half where it's cooler.

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline jesnon

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 10:08:59 AM »
Ha I didn't even think of that, I just attached it to the tank as it came in the box ^^; Will make sure to sort that out ASAP. My fish seem a bit obsessed with my heater, I think it must have a kind of algae on it or something! When it comes to stuff like heaters, do you clean them too? I hate that heater but it came free with the tank. It's just not very subtle at all!

I'm not sure when to do a water change, maybe Saturday evening?

My fish are looking good this morning, I think I was definitely being unnecessarily paranoid about the little blue guy! He was happily 'schoaling' away with all the others earlier. I can't help staring at them all, my boyfriend just kept shaking his head at ,e when I kept sitting right next to the tank to check them all (and obsessively do a head count!!)

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2013, 10:24:29 AM »
Glad to hear the endler is looking better. Some idividual fish get stressed more than others by the whole process of being moved from the shop tank to yours.

I clean everything in the tanks that looks as though it needs it. The heaters, the outside of the internal filters etc. With heaters, you just have to make sure they are cold. In fact, you should make sure they are cold before doing a water change as they have been known to break if a hot filter is exposed to air. Just turn it off 10 mins before you start.
The problem with small tanks is finding a heater that'll fit. I have the same trouble with my two 25 litre tanks (betta tank and quarantine tank). You have to choose between the few that will fit rather than the one you really like but is too long.

Offline Resa

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2013, 10:46:26 AM »
That's a good tip, Sue.  I never thought to turn my heater off a little while before a water change.....I certainly will from now on.....thanks.

Resa

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline jesnon

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2013, 11:25:50 AM »
Thanks as always Sue!

I just discovered I'm officially an idiot... I moved my heater around to sort the suction cups out and then fed my fish... far too much! I used the daphnia I'd defrosted in a bit of tank water and discovered even the small piece I'd cut off was far too much for my fishies. So I decided to move up my water change to today and try to retrieve some of the food! I took out my heater and.... where the suction pads were there's an odd melted part of the whole thing ^^; I'm now really worried about it not being safe so I need to buy a new one but there's not really enough time before I go to work to get it sorted :-( Do you think it'll be OK? It's working perfectly fine I just don't want to risk anything nasty happening =/

Offline jesnon

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 12:29:34 PM »
OK as per Colin's request, more pictures!

Here's some of the Japanese blue... quite sadly now I'm struggling to tell the new blue from the old blue (which was the only one I'd named so far!). The only obvious difference so far is that the new blue endler is much bigger than all other tankmates, though despite this he is still getting bullied a little! They're quite interesting colours, as whilst not as vibrant from most angles (they almost look grey head on), when they turn to the side and catch the light they're fantastic looking fish.
(more greyish look)

(sideview... albeit very blurry)

(I'm pretty sure this is the original japanese blue in my tank):

Some other shots

The guy on the right is my most vibrant endler, he was sold from my local Maidenhead as a 'green endler' but his colours are more yellow on the tail, and if you can see in the picture he has a blue body

Here's another shot of him:

For some reason he's one of the easiest to photograph!!

(they greyish one on the right is the blue endler)

Offline ColinB

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »
Thanks Jesnon - they're lovely looking fish.

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline jesnon

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2013, 11:04:15 PM »
Thanks Colin! I love having a mix of colours in the tank and they're all quite entertaining! :-) Counting down until i can get my shrimp! I ordered a new heater that's in the post too, so hopefully any paranoia will finally be gone!

Offline ColinB

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2013, 07:46:51 AM »
Good news. I put my five Red Cherry Shrimps in on the 22nd Feb., last evening I counted ten! I'm going to be knee-deep in shrimp by the end of the year at this rate. :o

It's something to be aware of as I'm going to have to do something with them at some stage, and you'll end up with the same 'problem', too. They breed like Platies! ;D

Offline Resa

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2013, 09:34:59 AM »
Oops.....looks like you'll be needing some more tanks too ;D

Offline ColinB

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2013, 09:40:53 AM »
Oops.....looks like you'll be needing some more tanks too ;D

O goody! I really must finish the decorating and stop hanging around here, then. ;D

Offline Resa

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2013, 09:58:30 AM »
Yes...stop slacking and get those paintbrushes out ;D

Offline ColinB

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2013, 12:21:15 PM »
Yes...stop slacking and get those paintbrushes out ;D

;D ;D

It's the tiling.... it's taking forever! Who chose those small tiles? (Hint: it wasn't me!)

Oh yippee...... the cat's just thrown up. *sigh*

Offline Resa

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 12:34:23 PM »
Yep....you can always rely on puddytats to throw up....don't you just love the noise they make when they do it???? ;D ;D  Still, better she does it now than when you get out of bed in the morning with bare feet ;D ;D ;D

Resa

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "My new endlers!"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
2 Replies
Last post August 14, 2013, 05:51:02 PM
by Cinders
11 Replies
Last post September 07, 2013, 04:52:11 PM
by jesnon
13 Replies
Last post October 08, 2014, 03:15:46 PM
by Fiona
2 Replies
Last post March 17, 2015, 11:20:09 PM
by Fiona
1 Replies
Last post June 04, 2016, 09:19:49 PM
by Sue

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: