My 60L Tank & Residents. (If It Works!!!)

Author Topic: My 60L Tank & Residents. (If it works!!!)  (Read 4299 times) 8 replies

Offline Resa

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
My 60L Tank & Residents. (If it works!!!)
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:13:19 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hi All,
Here hopefully, are some pics of my tank and it's little fishy residents!  I say hopefully because this is my 50 millionth attempt at getting the attachments to work and I'm about to throw the bloody computer out of the window because it keeps crashing!!!!!
I think I will have to do the pics one at a time because as soon as I try to do the second one, it all goes Pete Tong!
I have no idea what the plants are (they weren't labelled) so if anyone can help with that, I would be grateful.  The pics aren't very good, as I had to get down on the floor to take them, and as some of you may know I have got some kind of back spasm going on at the moment.  Embarassingly, once down there I was unable to get myself back up and had to enlist the help of hubby in order to do so :-[
Anyway, the little fishies in there are: 1 colisa lalia. 5 male guppies. 3 blue marble platies and 3 otocinclus.
Well, here goes......

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Resa

Re: My 60L Tank & Residents. (If it works!!!)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 11:29:50 AM »
Another piccie!

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Resa

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 11:40:30 AM »
woo-hoo....I'm getting good at this now!

Offline Resa

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 11:42:47 AM »
Last one....I promise..

Offline ColinB

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 01:02:53 PM »
Steady-on, girl ;)

Great pics and a great looking tank.

The plants that I recognise are.....

... in post #1 the plant smack in the middle of the frame is a Cryptocoryne and the stem plant that is planted on the lower far right and swooping up to the top middle is a Hygophillia polysperma, my favourite Nitate muncher.

Post #2 & #3 is the crypt again, probably Cryptocoryne wendtii ''green''

Post #4 on the left is a Vallisneria of some sort - thay all look kinda similar.

Keep posting those pics, Resa, and look after your back.

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline Resa

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 08:42:43 AM »
Hi Colin,

Thanks for the help with the plant names.  Some of the leaves on the cryptocoryne have gone brown.....any ideas?  I wondered if maybe it doesn't like being buried in sand?

Resa
 :)

Offline ColinB

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 09:58:22 AM »
Bonjour Resa - I've woken to two inches of snow! poo.

Anyway - brown is what Crypts do when they're transplanted. They'll sort themselves out eventually, even if they melt all away they'll grow back. I've got quite a close planting of three crypts and the barbs love wriggling in and around the leaves looking for food scraps. I deliberately drop the food in so it sinks into the crypts to give them some 'normal' foraging activity. Crypts like root nutrients, so every 6 weeks or two months I shove a root tab into the gravel by the side of them. They're still alive so I must've got it right with them. It's beginning to look like I can only grow Crypts, Anubias and Java Ferns - lucky I like them. (Tho' the Hygrophilia polysperma in my hospital tank's doing well. You might want to chop the top 10 - 15cm off yours and re-plant the cutting. The remaining stem will bush out and the new stem will just carry on growing.)

Have a good wekend.

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline Resa

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 10:47:21 AM »
Bonjour Colin!

Oh my goodness!  Have you been out and made a snowman yet? :D  We are forecast to have rain this weekend, but who knows?  Before, the meteo said absolutely no snow and we woke up to drifts of the stuff!!!
We usually have what I refer to as 'monsoon week' in the spring, where we seem to have rain everyday for, you will be surprised to hear, a week :) It's a bit of a nuisance but it is better to get it over and done with really.  We have 'cloudbusters' in our area, when if rain is threatened they boom off the 'cloudbusters' and move the rainclouds off to another area....tee-hee! ;D  This is because  a lot of this areas commerce is fruit, and they can't risk losing the harvest because heavy rains have destroyed the blossom.  The cherry orchards are coming in to flower now...some of them already out.  The apples and plums are not far behind, so it won't be long before any potential downpours will be chased away.  A bit rough for our neighbouring areas, but nice for us.
We have a mini-climate here being all valleys and often we have sat out watching the lightning flash all around us but been in glorious sunshine ourselves.  It has even been known for our village to have a good drenching and we have had not so much as a drop.....and we are only 2kms outside of the village!!!
This has been an extremely long winter however. We usually can rely on very warm days (around about 23ish degrees) from mid February.....the nights though still being very nippy!  The french have all been complaining and saying that the last winter like this was back in the 30's!

Today was very misty when I got up but it has all burnt through now and the sun is shining....hope it lasts! :)

Well, have a good day, keep warm!

Resa
 :)

P.S. Thanks for the tips on my browning foliage...I'll hold back on my stern talking to that I had planned!  Should I have taken it out of its little pot to plant it?

P.P.S.  Did you see my other post on my shopping trip that I wrote on Jesnon's thread?  Aren't I a little tinker??? ;)

Offline ColinB

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 12:05:24 PM »

P.S. Thanks for the tips on my browning foliage...I'll hold back on my stern talking to that I had planned!  Should I have taken it out of its little pot to plant it?

P.P.S.  Did you see my other post on my shopping trip that I wrote on Jesnon's thread?  Aren't I a little tinker??? ;)

Yes, yes ... and yes ;D ;D

...but I do know how difficult it is to not get the fish you want until your tank is ready. I always give myself a stern talking to along the lines of "If I get the fish now that means that they might not survive and I'd feel really guilty. If I wait until the tank is ready and they don't survive, then I did all I could."

It works for me.... but it's still difficult. "They might've sold them all by the time I'm ready." "Quiet, silly man!" etc etc.

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "My 60L Tank & Residents. (If it works!!!)"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
3 Replies
Last post October 17, 2012, 10:31:14 AM
by maz1
0 Replies
Last post December 11, 2012, 06:26:01 PM
by maz1
5 Replies
Last post December 16, 2012, 10:04:20 AM
by maz1
Our Tank

Started by pmalipha Gallery Showcase

1 Replies
Last post February 16, 2013, 04:58:24 PM
by ColinB
5 Replies
Last post April 09, 2013, 08:38:57 AM
by Sue
4 Replies
Last post May 01, 2017, 09:37:41 PM
by Trish
7 Replies
Last post December 29, 2018, 06:47:51 PM
by Hampalong

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: