Author Topic: Matt's 64 litre tank  (Read 52837 times) 169 replies

Offline fcmf

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
Re: Matt's 64 litre tank
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2019, 01:44:30 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Looks great, and those dwarf puffers are soooooooo adorable.  (Argh - I'm getting fish broody again...)

Dwarf puffers always look funny with the post-feed tubby tummy.  ;D
6 of my 7 neon green rasboras get that, especially after a feed of brineshrimp or bloodworm. ;D

Offline Sue

« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2019, 02:12:36 PM »
All these puffer photos...... maybe I will get puffers when my current betta passes away  ;D

Offline jaypeecee

• Still learning...
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2019, 06:09:37 PM »
Hi Matt,

I admire your aquascaping skills - did they come naturally or did you take a course in aquascaping? Choosing a bunch of plants that will grow well together is also to your credit. You also have some lovely fish - the blue Gobies are one of my wife's favourites and no-one can resist puffers! I keep Panda Garras, which are similar to Gobies.

BTW, I think I spotted you on the UKAPS forum very recently.

JPC

Offline Matt

• @scapeeasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2019, 10:12:01 PM »
Thanks all, very kind comments   ;D  :cheers:

@jaypeecee yes I'm on UKAPS too. Between these 2 forums I am kept quite busy!

I learnt most of what I know from YouTube, podcasts, the internet... it certainly isn't something that has come naturally!! But I have always enjoyed planted tanks from the get go... I didn't start as a fishkeeper and transition to aquascaping as such.

If you are interested, take a look at my website: www.scapeeasy.co.uk

Offline Matt

• Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2019, 06:42:32 AM »
Finally happy enough with the look of this tank to submit a photo to the Maidenhead Aquatics gallery competition... any support you would be able to offer me would be much appreciated :)

https://fishkeeper.co.uk/gallery/

I'm getting quite addicted to this competition lol... the level of competition on there gets better and better month on month! Its great to see more people getting into aquascaping... make my job harder though!!!

Offline Matt

• Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2019, 11:03:50 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 1
Another rescape... this seems to be in the classic Matt style... It's less hardscape than before and more plants... they have a bit of growing in to do but it will only improve with age!  Sorry about the fairly rough and ready photo... this is just after switching it from planting substrate and carpetting plants in the foreground to cosmetic sand and the odd baby crypt so things are still a bit messy... Hope you like it!

Offline Matt

• Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2019, 11:22:54 PM »
Brief update on this tank... I'll get another photo soon now the evenings are getting darker its easier for me to get photos without reflections... not much growth though as plants didn't transition too well and minimal fertilisation to minimise maintenance requirements.  However, a stocking update...

I've had the dwarf puffers for about 3 and a half years.  I bought 6 originally (one was a freebie neither I or the shop expected to 'make it').  One passed a a few months back quite quickly, unknown cause. I just had the one no one thought would make it pass away today too...  The remaining puffers are in good health although they are getting somewhat old in puffer years now...

I still have the 2 khuli loach, i removed the x2 otocinclus from the tank which are now in my main 220litre. The 220 is getting a South American fish only thing going so they will be swapped with the 2 remaining cobalt gobies as soon as I can figure out how to catch them!...

Basically I'm already feeling like the tanks days are numbered...  Likely though that I will swap Gretta the Betta into here if the puffers are no longer the stars of the show. Gretta will need a bit more room soon anyways as she is growing fast!  I can see a heavily planted aquarium for her... minimal hardscape etc...

Offline Matt

• Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2020, 07:45:14 PM »
I shut this tank down today, something I’ve wanted to do for quite a while now. With the introduction of Baby Matt 8 months ago two tanks and the pond really is my maximum for now. This means I should be able to focus on having 2 really good well maintained aquascapes rather than neglecting 2 of them... I moved the dwarf puffers over into the main 220litre community tank a week or so ago after my elderly honey gourami passed (I was concerned for her feelers). I have been lucky with my puffers I think - they were quite peaceful from the start and have integrated well into the community setting. They leave the other fish well alone, preferring to hunt pest snails in the vegetation. When I introduce some frozen bloodworm they flock to it straight away and get a good full before the others know what’s going on! The puffers are elderly now and won’t be replaced when they pass. Feeding bloodworm is an added faff too... so eventually I will have the community tank on an auto feeder and the Betta tank will be the only thing I need to worry about day to day.   khuli loach of course are rarely seen but will be fine too. I was actually quite surprised I still had 2!

Offline fcmf

• [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2020, 10:46:11 PM »
Great that the puffers have integrated well into the main tank.  :cheers:

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2020, 07:58:15 PM »
Good to hear that everyone is getting along in the community tank. Well done.  :cheers:

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Matt's 64 litre tank"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
3 Replies
Last post November 20, 2013, 07:10:53 PM
by Sue
1 Replies
Last post March 13, 2014, 04:27:45 PM
by ColinB
9 Replies
Last post June 12, 2015, 07:24:11 PM
by justin
6 Replies
Last post July 17, 2016, 04:57:53 PM
by Fiona
281 Replies
Last post September 03, 2023, 01:07:43 AM
by Matt
79 Replies
Last post February 12, 2021, 08:30:06 PM
by Matt
10 Replies
Last post August 18, 2019, 11:31:43 AM
by Robert

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: