Juwel Rio 180

Author Topic: Juwel Rio 180  (Read 3891 times) 8 replies

Offline Wild Rover

• Super Fishy Member
Juwel Rio 180
« on: December 08, 2013, 11:03:21 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hope this link works. After all my earlier disasters thing have settled down nicely. The plants look a bit 'new' but should improve soon.  :)

#Invalid YouTube Link include https#

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Dwarf Rainbowfish (24) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Resa

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: Juwel Rio 180
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 05:36:44 PM »
Yep...it works! The tank looks really good. Are they dwarf rainbowfish in there? I fancied them.

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Wild Rover

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 05:53:15 PM »
Thanks, and yes they are Resa, the pics really don't do them justice and I will be getting more soon. They look really plain in the shop but mature beautifully.  :)

Dwarf Rainbowfish (24) -

Offline Resa

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 06:01:45 PM »
Hi Wild Rover,

How many do you plan to have eventually, and what ratio of male/female? Do they bimble about happily with your other fish?

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline Wild Rover

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 06:15:48 PM »
I have 4, all males atm Resa, I am thinking of adding 8 females. I inadvertently got one female originally and they chased her none stop so she had to go back. They are much faster than the others and chase around a fair bit but they never bother any of the other fish and spent a lot of time just hanging out also. When they are schooling they look amazing as they catch the light in different ways, you won't regret getting some but make sure you have a higher female to male ratio or all male.

Dwarf Rainbowfish (24) -

Offline Resa

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 06:48:23 PM »
Thanks for that WR, I will bear that in mind. As long as they don't bother my cories I will be happy.

Offline Wild Rover

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 07:43:41 PM »
They rarely go near the bottom, they won't even pick food off the bottom so I really don't see any problem. They tend to do most chasing fairly high up.

Dwarf Rainbowfish (24) -

Offline Wild Rover

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 09:29:55 AM »
Resa, I have added some Sterbai Cory's to my tank and the Rainbows are no problem to them, in fact the Rainbows are hanging out a little higher in the tank keeping out of their way. The Cory's are brilliant, in the shop they always just lie on the bottom but these chase up and down and get everywhere. They are really entertaining and I love them  ;D

Dwarf Rainbowfish (24) -

Offline Resa

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 10:17:29 AM »
Good morning WR,

Thanks for that info, I had a look through the fish profiler the other night at the different rainbowfish, to see which ones would suit my tank conditions and the good news is the dwarf rainbowfish will! :)
These were on my original "I want" list when I was setting up my tank. I ended up with a slightly different stock choice, mostly because I fell in love with Flockhart, my colisa lalia. However, I shall never again have dwarf gourami, because of the disease that they are prone to. This can be a heartbreaking enough hobby without increasing your chances of losing a fish. :(
So, I am decided...dwarf rainbowfish are the way to go....especially as you have said that they haven't worried your corys. I absolutely love my corys, and would never now have a tank without any. The sterbai have lovely markings, don't they? Like you said, they tend to look like they only just hang about on the bottom not doing too much in the shops, and I'm sure lots of people don't give them a second look. I spend hours watching mine tearing up and down from the bottom of the tank to the top and back again, and even when they are just bumbling around on the sand, they are really entertaining....I love them!
Enjoy your new arrivals! :D

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Juwel Rio 180"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
66 Replies
Last post July 03, 2014, 03:51:40 PM
by ColinB
14 Replies
Last post July 18, 2014, 07:54:08 AM
by ColinB
8 Replies
Last post July 29, 2014, 10:37:34 PM
by Diz1
0 Replies
Last post January 14, 2015, 10:14:22 PM
by Andy1987
8 Replies
Last post February 21, 2018, 08:07:13 PM
by Littlefish
3 Replies
Last post March 01, 2018, 07:19:01 PM
by Sue
10 Replies
Last post March 20, 2019, 04:50:47 PM
by daveyng

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: