Favourite Fishy Photos

Author Topic: Favourite Fishy Photos  (Read 17045 times) 44 replies

Offline fishcake76

• Rocking Fishy Member
Favourite Fishy Photos
« on: July 28, 2014, 03:23:48 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hi!!

I wanted to share some of the photos I've taken of my fish and thought I would start a new thread where anyone who feels like it can post their FFPs!!!!

Here are mine!!

Look forward to seeing other peoples!!!

FC
 :fishy1:

Offline fishcake76

• Rocking Fishy Member
Re: Favourite Fishy Photos
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 04:29:40 PM »
Another one!!

Very hard to get a decent picture of her as she is so small and can be damn quick when she wants!!!

FC

Offline Diz1

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 04:41:37 PM »
Love the pictures fishcake 76! I can't get anything but a coloured blur with my lot – they move so quickly that they're zooming out of sight just as I press the button. Still, I suppose that means they're healthy!? I'll never make a living as a photographer though.   :)

Offline jesnon

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 07:09:45 PM »
Lovely fish fishcake! Love the CPD photo! Whilst we had the platies at my work I discovered what lovely fish they are - so inquisitive and friendly... just pooping machines!

When I first got my fish I made this:

Unfortunately the only remaining fish I still have are Holly, Bob and Scutter. I now have three blonde endlers and one 'shocking pink' endler called Bow... oh and my random fish called Oz I got from the Aquajardin with my shrimp which I'm ashamed to admit in my worst act of fish keeping I plan on leaving in my tank!

I just witnessed one of my cherry shrimps attempting to ride my assassin snail James Bond too!

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Endler's Livebearer (8) - Panda Cory (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Galaxy Rasbora (6) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline fishcake76

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »
They are super pics Jesnon!!!  So amazing, all their different markings!!  I'm planning on getting some more CPDs to keep Raspberry company and some endlers and possibly more corys.

My corys are really camera shy and I've yet to get a pic that isn't a spotty blur!!!!  Watch this space!!!!!

FC

Offline ColinB

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 08:09:15 AM »
Great piccies. I've given up trying to get any pictures of mine - I'm totally rubbish at photography.

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline jesnon

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 09:21:44 AM »
Thanks fishcake! Ooh you'll love endlers they really are lovely little fish and as you say so many different patterns and colours! Hopefully you can capture a photo of your corries!

I've been trying to get a photo of my newer fish but so far no luck!

Endler's Livebearer (8) - Panda Cory (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Galaxy Rasbora (6) -

Offline Puffin

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 02:00:53 PM »
When I get a new SD card for my DSLR I will take some proper photos of my fish. Until then...

Offline fishcake76

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 04:23:16 PM »
Golly Puffin - he's a handsome chap!!!!!   What a monster!!  ;D

I managed to get some semi-decent pics of the corys today as well - I have such an interesting life!!!!!  ;D  So here are Bert and Ernie.

You can see Ernie, who I think is female, taking one of her sorties to the top of the tank - they go all over the place!!!!  In the picture of them together Bert (male - I think) is closest to the camera and Ernie is furthest away. I read you can tell the sexes by the lengths of the pectoral and dorsal fins (females being longer) though Bert's barbels seem a lot longer than Ernie's, not sure if that means anything?!  Ernie definitely has slightly duller colouring than Bert, is less patterned and is plumper.

FC

Offline Puffin

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 08:25:13 PM »
Lovely pics.
The monster fish in my photo is in the hot house pond in Roath park, Cardiff. There are several of them that size, I'd say about a foot and a half long. The kids love it in there.

Offline Diz1

• Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 09:10:32 PM »
I do like the cories fishcake - what type are they? I'm thinking about getting some for my new tank  :)

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 09:12:09 AM »
Oooh, have they got a pond in Roath Park hothouse now? 40 years ago there wasn't one, just banana plants etc. I used to love it in there even without a pond! I was a student at what was then called University College, Cardiff in the 1970s and for 2 years lived in Ninian Rd not quite opposite the hothouse.

Offline dbaggie

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Fishkeeping - trickier than it looks...
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »
I think I've posted this before, but this is one of my favourite fish pics  :)

Offline fishcake76

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 06:53:53 PM »
That's a lovely photo dbaggie!!  Discus are beautiful but my tanks are both too small - maybe in the next tank!!!!

My cories are peppered cories Diz (is it cories or corys???). There are so many types available. I was at the LFS today and saw some called Schwartz's Cories (corydoras schwartzi).  They are lovely but they get to 7cm which is too big for my tank. A good website to look at for cories on is planet catfish.

My visit to the LFS was interesting. I was planning to get some endlers but when I got there, there were about 7 dead fish in the bottom of the tank. I asked the chap how long they'd had them and he said about a week but he didn't know why they were dying.  I decided against them as they were £2.45 each and I wasn't going to spend £25 on fish that might die.

After scouring the tanks and sitting in the coffee shop to do some research I settled on 10 glowlight tetras and 2 otocinclus.  They are currently settling in to the quarantine tank but photos will follow!!!!! ;D

Sadly, my CPD died overnight. I think the move to the big tank (and possibly the water change I did on Monday) was too much for her. :(

FC

Offline Diz1

• Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 07:01:26 PM »
Sorry to hear about your CPD fishcake - they're very attractive fish but, as you say, maybe the move was too much.
I was at my LFS today - no cories till next week, so I came away with3 cherry barbs. They're all settled in now and getting acquainted with my 8 silver tip tetras and 2 platies. Think I'll build up to 6 of these, then think about the cories.
Will try to post some pictures soon, but I'm not a natural photographer, so it may take many attempts! :)

Offline dbaggie

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 07:10:26 PM »
Discus are beautiful but my tanks are both too small - maybe in the next tank!!!!

It's actually a male Dwarf Gourami, but I can see that the top-to-bottom stripes do resemble the pattern of some Discus  ;D. They also stay quite a bit smaller than Discus.

I also managed to get a good shot of one of my male Dwarf Rainbows this afternoon (he seemed to be in a posing mood!):

Offline dbaggie

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 07:16:25 PM »
Sadly, my CPD died overnight. I think the move to the big tank (and possibly the water change I did on Monday) was too much for her. :(

Sorry to hear about your CPD  :(

Offline fishcake76

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 08:39:28 PM »
Damn it!!!!  I knew I should have checked my assumption on the discus!!!!!! Lol!!!  ;D  Never mind!! Your dwarf rainbow is stunning and you're right - what a poser!!! :P

Looking forward to your pics Diz - you can guarantee that for every pic I post there are about 40 others that were rubbish!!!  I just love watching my fish so much and have now started keeping my camera in my hand whenever I do a spot of 'fishing'!!!! :))

FC
 :fishy1:

Offline gummy

• Fishy Member
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 09:45:40 PM »
i`ll try and get a picture but the panda corys are great funny little fish

Offline Puffin

• Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 10:10:25 PM »
Just had a fun but frustrating ten mins trying to get a photo of any if my fish. Got some ok ish ones, but it's a good job I didn't make any effort to pursue a career as a wildlife photographer!
Oh and I can't upload them as iPad and cannon aren't compatible! :(

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Favourite Fishy Photos"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
37 Replies
Last post November 26, 2019, 05:57:14 PM
by Littlefish
49 Replies
Last post June 11, 2016, 08:18:13 PM
by Fiona
Snail photos

Started by Sue « 1 2 3 4 5 » Gallery Showcase

87 Replies
Last post February 20, 2021, 07:44:52 PM
by Sue
7 Replies
Last post April 17, 2018, 11:09:07 PM
by TopCookie
0 Replies
Last post November 28, 2019, 07:44:32 PM
by Matt
11 Replies
Last post December 17, 2019, 01:50:52 PM
by Robert
11 Replies
Last post March 11, 2021, 11:31:02 AM
by Sue

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: