ATM Outbreak Freshwater Biological Bacteria

Author Topic: ATM outbreak freshwater biological bacteria  (Read 4149 times) 3 replies

Offline togtaff

• Fishy Contributor
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
ATM outbreak freshwater biological bacteria
« on: December 09, 2017, 02:06:16 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hi all,
Jut wondering if anyone has used this product and if so does it work?"ATM outbreak freshwater biological bacteria"."ATM’s Outbreak is a high-powered biological sludge remover that consumes decomposing organics, leaving aquariums clean and free of waste that can cause problems for bio filtration."I have used ATM's Colony and I believe it helped out my filter,never used this one though.

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: ATM outbreak freshwater biological bacteria
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 02:37:19 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 1
Once upon a time I used a bottle of something that said it breaks down sludge etc, but when I stopped using it I didn't notice any difference.

I think these products are aimed at people who want a decorative item but are not prepared to put in the work necessary (ie water changes). If a tank and its filter are properly maintained, we don't need these 'sludge busters'.

Did you know that a lot of the bacteria products designed for growing filter bacteria actually contain the wrong species of nitrite eater? At first it was thought that aquarium bacteria were the same species as those growing in waste treatment plants but Dr Tim Havonec found it was a different species. He and his employer copyrighted the use of the right bacteria. Dr Havonec left to form his own company which makes Dr Tim's One & Only; Marineland, along with the copyright, was taken over by Tetra, and they now make Tetra Safe Start. Both of these contain the right species of nitrite eater. But even they don't work if they've been stored incorrectly at any time since leaving the factory.

Offline fcmf

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 04:52:52 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 1
Did you know that a lot of the bacteria products designed for growing filter bacteria actually contain the wrong species of nitrite eater? At first it was thought that aquarium bacteria were the same species as those growing in waste treatment plants but Dr Tim Havonec found it was a different species. He and his employer copyrighted the use of the right bacteria. Dr Havonec left to form his own company which makes Dr Tim's One & Only; Marineland, along with the copyright, was taken over by Tetra, and they now make Tetra Safe Start. Both of these contain the right species of nitrite eater. But even they don't work if they've been stored incorrectly at any time since leaving the factory.
A newish product which staff of a/the hobby's magazine have made some positive comments over lately, in terms of their initial experience of it, is Microbe Lift XTreme (available in MA). Difficult to know what its ingredients are, though, as the detail on it looks as though it's been produced straight out of a low-quality language translation app!

Offline togtaff

• Fishy Contributor
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 06:08:25 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Thanks for the advice Sue,most of these companies are just out to make money I guess.@fcmf I've been using Microbe Lift Freshwater Artemiss Natural Herbal Fish Treatment with some success I'll have a look at the Microbe Lift X Treme.

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to " ATM outbreak freshwater biological bacteria"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
48 Replies
Last post December 30, 2012, 09:31:49 AM
by ColR1948
6 Replies
Last post June 02, 2014, 08:49:46 PM
by evan47
2 Replies
Last post March 06, 2014, 01:53:01 PM
by Sue
3 Replies
Last post October 22, 2014, 09:34:01 PM
by Fiona
4 Replies
Last post November 29, 2014, 08:45:41 AM
by Richard W
6 Replies
Last post February 05, 2015, 10:58:55 AM
by Richard W
12 Replies
Last post December 08, 2015, 01:28:48 PM
by Sue

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: