Rough Edges On Decorations

Author Topic: Rough edges on decorations  (Read 3641 times) 8 replies

Offline Gaynor

• Fishy Member
Rough edges on decorations
« on: August 05, 2013, 03:23:30 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
After the untimely death of our little Firemouth Rhett, poor little chap got stuck in a castle turret, hubby decided something with bigger swimming holes was in order.  The galleon he decided on arrived this morning, there are a couple of small holes but these are in places where there is plenty of room to turn or back up, and aren't really big enough for the fish to get their heads into.

Hubby had a good look around the inside and outside and the galleon is lovely, the fish should love it, his only worry is that there are a few places on it that are a little rough edged.  He's run his fingers over them, they aren't sharp enough to cut him, but he's a bit worried that the fishes bodies might be a little softer and easier to damage.  He's wondering whether it might be an idea to run a file over them, or are slightly rough edges nothing to worry about?

Offline ColinB

• Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: Rough edges on decorations
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 03:33:00 PM »
I'd smooth them off, just to be on the safe side. Just think how guilty you'd feel if a fish did cut themselves.

....and c'mon - let's have some piccies!!! ;D

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Resa

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 04:37:31 PM »
All aboard the 'Black Pig' ;D

yep....piccies, please :)

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Gaynor

• Fishy Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 04:58:27 PM »
Thanks ColinB and Resa,

Hubby is off to file the edges, no way do I want any injuries.

We have taken piccies, I'll get hubby to put them on my pc for upload, though I think he'll want some pics of the galleon in the water before he puts them on.   :)

Haha, I never thought of naming the galleon, not a bad idea though.

And just to update the poo watch, as I like to make sure the fish poo is healthy, the two new fish are both pooing normally.  When they came from the shop it was a bit light for my liking, but it's fine now.   ;D

Offline Resa

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 05:20:40 PM »
Aagh....no! Not another poo-watcher ;D Haven't you people got a telly???

Panda Cory (11) - Otocinclus (2) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (7) - Dwarf Gourami (2) - Red Phantom Tetra (5) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Guppy (male) (4) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (6) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) - Panda Cory (6) - Otocinclus (2) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (6) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Platy (5) - Guppy (male) (4) - Otocinclus (2) - Panda Cory (6) - Platy (3) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (5) -

Offline SteveS

• With apologies to M.C.Escher
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 06:14:46 PM »
And just to update the poo watch, as I like to make sure the fish poo is healthy, the two new fish are both pooing normally.  When they came from the shop it was a bit light for my liking, but it's fine now.   ;D

OMG, I didn't realise there was a colour chart!  Where did you get it from?

Angelfish (1) - Panda Cory (10) - Harlequin Rasbora (10) - Otocinclus (10) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Honey Gourami (10) - Galaxy Rasbora (10) -

Offline Gaynor

• Fishy Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 12:07:15 AM »
Resa, have you watched telly lately lol, there's more poo on there than in a fish tank.   :)

SteveS, do you think a colour chart would be a marketable idea.   ;)

Offline Resa

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 12:28:38 AM »
Mmm...yep, good point... :) well, apart from TBBT

Offline ColinB

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 09:34:42 AM »
OMG, I didn't realise there was a colour chart!  Where did you get it from?

Here ya go, Steve....

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: