Author Topic: CO2 Refills  (Read 2312 times) 2 replies

Offline Cod_only_knows

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Just for the halibut!
CO2 Refills
« on: February 16, 2018, 08:35:33 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hi all,

I recently decided to add CO2 to my aquarium. I got a bargain, paying just £30 for two JBL regulators, a solenoid and three CO2 canisters with stands. The only problem was that just one canister had any gas in it. I was dismayed to discover that refills on the tanks were just short of £20 a go at my LFS and I had to order in advance.

After a little investigation, I discovered that I could get my tanks refilled at a quarter of the cost at a local fire safety company. £5 a tank, refilled on the spot is a fantastic deal in my opinion and I thought I'd share with you wonderful people on here!  ;D

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Checkered Barb (3) - Endler's Livebearer (5) - Galaxy Rasbora (7) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline daveyng

• Super Subscriber!
  • Rocking Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
Re: CO2 Refills
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 04:41:18 PM »
I use to have small JBL cylinders but like you found them expensive to refill at my L.F.S. I have replaced these with fire extinguishers. The 2kg ones are about £15 to refill from a local supplier. I believe the JBL cylinders only hold 500g of CO2. I use the fire extinguishers with a JBL regulator/solenoid.

Offline Cod_only_knows

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Just for the halibut!
Re: CO2 Refills
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 09:40:23 PM »
Cheers Dave, I've thought about the fire extinguisher route, but the JBL canisters take up so little space and at £5 a pop I think I'll stick with them.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Checkered Barb (3) - Endler's Livebearer (5) - Galaxy Rasbora (7) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: