Annoying Trickle!

Author Topic: Annoying Trickle!  (Read 5380 times) 6 replies

Offline Mervyn

• Super Fishy Member
Annoying Trickle!
« on: March 08, 2013, 12:18:52 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hi,
May be me being over sensitive, but when I did my water change this morning I gave my Eheim pro 3 250 a general clean and change of filter floss. That is when my troubles started.

I cleaned the pre-filter, changed the floss, cleaned the impeller and housing and the float and chamber then I had a terrible time getting it going again. It just would not syphon and I kept taking the motor head off and checking and re-cleaning impeller etc and eventually it syphoned and started going ok.

Now some people will think that I am being petty but the filter is outside of the cabinet and has been extremely quiet till now. But I can hear an annoying water trickle noise. I guess there is air in the system and although I have pressed the pump button I do not seem to be able to shift it. It is not loud, but the filter has been ultra quiet and I am finding it annoying.

Maybe a sign of my age?  ;)

Any ideas please.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Bristlenose Plec (2) - Golden Barb (8) - Angelfish (8) - Platy (8) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Panda Cory (8) - Rosy Barb (7) - Boeseman's Rainbowfish (7) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: Annoying Trickle!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 12:26:34 PM »
Have you tried tilting the filter chamber from side to side? I read that most people with externals have to that after cleaning because of air trapped in the impeller well. It is something I have to do with my internals as well because they too make this trickling sort of noise when there is air caught in the impeller well.

If you've already done that, I don't know what else it could be.

Offline Mervyn

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »
Hi Sue,
Tipped it! I nearly threw the b****y thing out the window ;D It has has got quieter now but of course my ears are now sensitive enough to hear the slightest sound.

I expect I will give it another couple of hours and then try again. To top it all I have broken one of the small plastic clips that connect the motor head to the canister. It still locks on though I ought to source one otherwise we know what will happen!!  ;)

Bristlenose Plec (2) - Golden Barb (8) - Angelfish (8) - Platy (8) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Panda Cory (8) - Rosy Barb (7) - Boeseman's Rainbowfish (7) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline ColinB

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 02:43:01 PM »
Maybe a sign of my age?  ;)

Hey - you can still hear it so you can't be that old!! ;D ;D

:-[ Sorry - that was no help at all, but I was going to suggest the tipping thing and you'd already tried that. :)

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline Mervyn

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 02:53:20 PM »
 ;D It is still doing it but not as bad....but dare not take the motor head off again at the moment, as I have broken a clip on one of the locking flaps.

I have ordered one from fleabay and as soon as that arrives will take the motor head off and re-check the impeller/housing and the float and housing but hope it disappears on its own.

Offline ColinB

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 03:14:55 PM »
When you cleaned the impellor did you get a cotton bud (or similar) and clean the top of the impellor housing shaft thingy that the impellor magnet sits in? I recall having trouble with one of mine about six months ago (now I've stopped being flippant :) ) and this cured it.

Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -

Offline Mervyn

• Super Fishy Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 03:19:47 PM »
I did, but as with everything I may have not done it fully, although I am 99.9% certain I did.
It has got even quieter now, but will take the motor head off as soon as my new ez clip arrives for my eheim. ;)

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Annoying Trickle!"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
2 Replies
Last post July 18, 2013, 09:50:02 AM
by ColB
6 Replies
Last post August 17, 2014, 10:37:24 PM
by Diz1

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: