• @scapeeasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
Re: Bio liquid co2
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2018, 08:03:29 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Thanks @daveyng

Are you dosing anything else at the same time? Does the bottle make any comment on using it with other products?

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2018, 09:16:35 AM »
The website said it contains only 3 of the necessary ~15 micronutrients, and 1 of the 3 macronutrients. That's why they say it is not a complete fertiliser.

Offline daveyng

• Super Subscriber!
  • Rocking Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2018, 11:02:04 AM »
Yes @Matt I’m dosing 10ml of Profito and 5ml of Ferro on a daily basis. There are no comments on using it with other products on the bottle.

Offline daveyng

• Super Subscriber!
  • Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 12:39:02 PM »
Hi all, apologies for the prolonged absence from the Forum.
An update on the Carbo Elixir Bio :- Just finished the first bottle and have seen no marked changes in plant growth although I still have an issue with BBA. I must admit I didn’t expect to see much of a change as I was already dosing EasyCarbo so I merely swapped to the more “natural” product.
I will continue to use the Carbo Elixir Bio as I feel it is safer that using the EasyCarbo with livestock.
The BBA is probably caused by daily CO2 fluctuations. I can’t seem to keep an optimum dosing level at the moment.
I have purchased a new diffuser (inline model) and will replace the old one when I swap out my cylinder which is just about to run out.
I have just “mowed” the Crypts and need to prune the Nymphae Lotus which I do about once a fortnight.
I’ll put some pics in the gallery soon.

Offline Littlefish

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • aka Donna
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 12:49:27 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing your pics.  :)

Offline Matt

• Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 02:23:07 PM »
I have been dosing both products for 3 weeks to have a comparison.  I have seen increased growth but go figure... overall I'm doing more by my dosing both products. I too will be sticking with the bio product in future. A) safer, B) lasts in the aquarium longer than 24 hours unlike glut based products so if I miss a days dosing it's no problem.

I do have a slight reservation that I'm seeing more diatoms on the glass than normal but it's not unmanageable and I'm not sure it's related... any thoughts welcome.

Offline daveyng

• Super Subscriber!
  • Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2018, 06:12:13 PM »
@Matt are you dosing both products in the same tank ?. I too have to clean the glass more regularly. I am assuming it’s the Glut in the EasyCarbo which was keeping the algae at bay.

Offline Matt

• Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2018, 09:13:07 PM »
Yep both in the same tank

Offline Matt

• Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2019, 09:41:16 PM »
I've been far less regular with my dosing recently but am getting my act back together now... I've had a few algae issues pop up too so clearly being regular with this things is a big plus! I think I will be switching back to glut based co2 only whilst this calms downs a bit... maybe there is something to be said for the algecide factor with these products after all... green hair algae is not a good look...

Offline jaypeecee

• Still learning...
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2019, 12:24:47 PM »
Hi Folks,

I'm certainly interested in giving this Dennerle product a try sometime. Currently, I use CO2 but I'm concerned that it's an inefficient way of getting carbon to the plants. In the tank itself, I have a very good atomizer, which produces a very fine mist of CO2 bubbles. But a very visible proportion of the CO2 bubbles quickly find their way to the water surface where they burst and are lost. And that's with my circulation pump directed onto the atomizer to ensure optimum circulation of the injected CO2. The atomizer is positioned approximately 20cm below the water surface.

JPC

Offline Matt

• Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2019, 01:01:42 PM »
Atomisers are supposed to be the most efficient method of co2 injection. It does depend though on the levels you are trying to reach though... A bell siphon system will ensure that all the co2 dissolves into the water, you just can't achieve such high levels as you can with an atomiser.  Afraid I can't help you with your atomiser as I've no experience with them other than very briefly, if you put less gas through the bubble size may drop. Have you also cleaned it recently with bleach? I see this being done online...

Offline daveyng

• Super Subscriber!
  • Rocking Fishy Member
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2019, 05:03:15 PM »
@jaypeecee I was using an Atomiser until recently. I found the best results with dispersion were when I had the Atomiser almost at the substrate. I also used a circulation pump to get the bubbles around the tank.
I have just changed to a JBL inline Atomiser which I have attached to one of my external filters. Took a while to get the gas flow right but apart from that the CO2 levels are stable throughout the day (using a drop checker).

Offline jaypeecee

• Still learning...
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2019, 09:36:01 PM »
It does depend though on the levels you are trying to reach though...

Hi Matt,

I aim for, and can achieve, 25 - 30ppm CO2. But it can take 4 hours to achieve these figures. So, I have very recently set the CO2 to come on one and a half hours earlier than it used to come on.

JPC

Offline jaypeecee

• Still learning...
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2019, 09:51:01 PM »
I have just changed to a JBL inline Atomiser which I have attached to one of my external filters.

Hi davey,

I did consider a JBL inline atomizer but - crazy though it may sound - I don't have enough spare room in my equipment cabinet!

JPC

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Bio liquid co2"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
1 Replies
Last post January 27, 2014, 02:38:13 PM
by SteveS
5 Replies
Last post November 06, 2015, 02:24:41 PM
by Sue
5 Replies
Last post November 08, 2017, 10:05:32 AM
by Sue
7 Replies
Last post May 26, 2018, 11:32:52 AM
by TopCookie
6 Replies
Last post October 27, 2018, 11:21:38 AM
by Matt

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: