Is This Right?

Author Topic: Is this Right?  (Read 2998 times) 2 replies

Offline Mervyn

• Super Fishy Member
Is this Right?
« on: April 13, 2013, 12:23:48 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
I am using co2 and maybe I have got the wrong idea!

My co2 starts 2 hours before lights on and then they are on for 8 hours and the co2 goes off 1 hr before the lights go off.

If I check the colour of my drop checker when the lights first come on then the colour is green but on the blue side. The ph is between 6.8 and 7ppm. After two hours of the lights on the colour starts going a lighter green and finally later in the day to a nice lime green and the ph drops to 6.6ppm.

I thought that the ph/co2 would be more stable than that.

Am I missing something or is that is what is supposed to happen?

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Bristlenose Plec (2) - Golden Barb (8) - Angelfish (8) - Platy (8) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Panda Cory (8) - Rosy Barb (7) - Boeseman's Rainbowfish (7) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Skull

• Fishy Member
Re: Is this Right?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 11:51:15 AM »
Ph swings are perfectly normal with ant co2 system and they are nothing to worry about, if your drop checker is going a nice green colour then that's all you need as your tank is getting sufficient co2

Harlequin Rasbora (10) - Panda Cory (12) - Zebra Loach (3) - Neon Tetra (10) - Rummy Nose Tetra (10) - Cardinal Tetra (10) - Cherry Barb (3) - Salt and Pepper Catfish (3) - Fiveband Barb (4) - X-ray Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (3) - Zebra Loach (2) - Rummy Nose Tetra (2) - Panda Cory (10) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (1) - Harlequin Rasbora (6) - White Cloud Mountain Minnow (3) - Glowlight Tetra (7) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Mervyn

• Super Fishy Member
Re: Is this Right?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 12:01:18 PM »
Hi Skull,
Thanks very much for that.

Bristlenose Plec (2) - Golden Barb (8) - Angelfish (8) - Platy (8) - Dwarf Gourami (1) - Panda Cory (8) - Rosy Barb (7) - Boeseman's Rainbowfish (7) -

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: