Golden Panchax

Author Topic: golden panchax  (Read 6753 times) 7 replies

Offline glitch74

• Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
golden panchax
« on: May 18, 2017, 10:55:04 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Ànyone have any experiance with these fish, are they gooď community fish, will they chase  tank mates  etc. Any observations to pass on.

Offline Robert

• Administrator
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Re: golden panchax
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 09:22:32 AM »
Have you tried the community creator? You can get an idea on suitable tankmates for the golden panchax there.  :cheers:

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Littlefish

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • aka Donna
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 01:07:10 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 1
I don't have any personal experience with the golden panchax @glitch74 , but I have been looking into them as I want to set up a Sri Lankan tank. I used the CC, which was very useful, especially with the stock levels, as they are big fish.
One of the boys I know @ Maidenhead aquatics has 2 golden panchax, and I've also discussed them with him. He said that his are good natured, and swim to the front of the tank to greet him. I asked him how they are with other fish, specifically as I thought I may have to put one of my bristlenose plecs in with the panchax, and he said that would be fine.
It seems that the panchax stay at the top of the tank, so as long as your other fish are mid-water dwellers and/or bottom feeders, and are too bog for the panchax's mouth (which is quite wide), everyone will get on just fine.

Do you have any preferences for the sort of fish you want to keep in that tank? What are your water parameters? If you are going for a community, things like loaches are quite awesome at the bottom. I'm considering something like a giant danio for the middle.

Let us know how you get on with your list.

Offline Hampalong

• Global Moderator
  • Rocking Fishy Member
  • aka Mark
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 03:51:45 PM »
I haven’t kept them since many moons ago. They’re very peaceful with fish too big to eat, but they are predators so anything they (think they) can eat will be food. Giant danios would be safe for example (I assume Littlefish is considering more than one :) ) but zebra danios wouldn’t. Or shrimp. A lack of other surface dwellers will also help to keep the peace.

With all fish ‘with attitude’, space is key. If the tank is too small they could be a bit antisocial. A 3ft tank would be ok for a pair. If more than one male is kept you’ll need bigger.

They like jumping so keep the tank covered at all times.

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 05:26:31 PM »
Giant danios would be safe for example (I assume Littlefish is considering more than one :) )

My typing often leaves a lot to be desired @Hampalong   :-[
I'm looking at 6 giant danios for the mid-water level, and 6 garra ceylonensis for the bottom, with a pair of golden panchax.

Offline Hampalong

• Global Moderator
  • Rocking Fishy Member
  • aka Mark
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 08:56:30 PM »
Giant danios would be safe for example (I assume Littlefish is considering more than one :) )

My typing often leaves a lot to be desired @Hampalong   :-[
I'm looking at 6 giant danios for the mid-water level, and 6 garra ceylonensis for the bottom, with a pair of golden panchax.

I knew it was a typo/autocorrect/or maybe you were considering A species of giant danio. Something inside me just makes me pick up on these things...

:)

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 09:02:18 PM »
 ;D

Offline Cod_only_knows

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Just for the halibut!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 09:45:01 PM »
They're gorgeous and interesting looking fish, but I echo the previous comment - I've been told they'll eat anything small enough to fit in their mouth. Your stocking suggestion sounds fine - just don't be tempted by a shoal of CPDs!  ;D

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Checkered Barb (3) - Endler's Livebearer (5) - Galaxy Rasbora (7) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "golden panchax"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
6 Replies
Last post February 22, 2013, 03:54:32 PM
by brecon
Golden Pencilfish

Started by TigzFish Gallery Showcase

2 Replies
Last post May 20, 2013, 01:04:22 PM
by TigzFish
2 Replies
Last post December 07, 2014, 10:53:49 PM
by andy
8 Replies
Last post January 28, 2015, 09:10:51 AM
by Diz1
8 Replies
Last post July 09, 2016, 05:08:58 PM
by Littlefish
1 Replies
Last post September 08, 2016, 12:16:41 PM
by Sue
2 Replies
Last post November 18, 2020, 01:40:29 PM
by JymDastardly

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: