Offline Matt

• @scapeeasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
Share your internet finds
« on: August 31, 2020, 06:19:20 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
I found a few bits online recently that I thought worth sharing and never quite got round to doing so because I felt to start a new topic to simply share an internet link only would not quite be right... it didn’t seem like enough to post a new topic for... so here’s a topic where we can all post a link and let others see what we’ve discovered, and discus it too... I invite you to share the results of your web surfing!

Offline Matt

• Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
Re: Share your internet finds
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 06:21:51 AM »
So here’s the first one from me - Tokyo art aquarium.

https://artaquarium.jp/en/

Personally I neither like the ‘art’ nor do I think it looks kind on the fish... not one I’ll be visiting anytime soon then!

Offline Matt

• Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 06:27:21 AM »
And a second one... the Reefsicle (no reason why it couldn’t work for freshwater too)

https://www.reef2rainforest.com/2017/03/30/reefsicle-daily-time-released-frozen-fish-food-feeding/

I though the idea was great - unfortunately it’s been somewhat over engineered and consequently the price is somewhat high in my view - but I can see that reef keepers would still go for it to ensure the health of their trickier inhabitants. I really want to experiment with the idea and see if I can get something to work under the aquarium hood... not sure with a 1 year old and working full time I will get round to it(!) but if anyone has tried something similar I’d love to hear about it?

Offline Littlefish

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • aka Donna
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 08:33:18 AM »
Interesting, although I don't think I'll be putting the Art Aquarium on my list of places to visit.

Offline Matt

• Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 08:53:43 PM »
I’m thinking of giving growing ferns on lava rock a go after seeing them online and then reading this article: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/nov/18/unexpected-plant-joy-from-rocky-places

Partly because I have spare lava rock and a spare tray thing from under a deceased bonsai tree and plenty of ferns grow in our garden so it should be an easy assembly job for me, but also because I’m finding myself more and more attracted to growing aquatic plants out of water in open top tanks, palaudriums terrariums, air plants etc etc James Wong - the author of the article - is quite the master of all this sort of thing and I follow him on Instagram picking up inspiration. We are thinking about adding a shelf to our living space to contain a number of items such as this... anyways I’m rambling... just thought I’d share the interesting idea for others too  :cheers: :cheers:

Offline fcmf

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 06:11:07 PM »
Ooooh, this sounds a very exciting development.  :cheers:

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Share your internet finds"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
2 Replies
Last post December 23, 2013, 09:17:27 PM
by Chris

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: