Anyone Used Esha2000

Author Topic: Anyone used Esha2000  (Read 1107 times)

Offline glitch74

• Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
Anyone used Esha2000
« on: May 10, 2017, 01:24:16 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
I wanted to treat my tank with esha2000 but I believe it has some copper in it, will this harm my snails, hong kong pleco or sterbai corys

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Think Fishy Member
Re: Anyone used Esha2000
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 02:17:16 PM »
I have used eSHa 2000 with cories and dwarf chain loaches with no problems.

Snails are a different matter. I always remove them from a tank before using this, or any other, medication.
If you have more than one tank, you can put the snails in another tank - but not directly. I leave them in a bucket for up to a week so that any pathogen in the water on the snails die for lack of fish to infect, then move them into the other tank. You do need to change the water daily, and cover the container as shrimps can climb out. If you don't have another tank, you'll have to leave them in a container.
With all medication, run carbon in the tank before even thinking of putting the snails back. I keep a small internal in the cupboard for this purpose. I run several batches of carbon and do several large water changes to remove the medication. And don't be in too much hurry to put the snails back. I've killed nerite snails by putting them back too soon.

Offline Paddyc

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 08:07:53 PM »
I have used it on several occasions in my tank with Malaysian trumpet snails and have never had a problem. However I can't remember the last time I saw my assassin snails (I only have two in a large tank so they may just be hiding). If you only have Malaysian trumpets you're ok.

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 09:16:39 PM »
Malaysian trumpet snails are considered to be indestructible. I suppose something must kill them......

See less of these, become a Super Subscriber today! We also have sponsorship opportunities for tropical fish related businesses from just 20 per month.

** Become a ThinkFish Super Subscriber **

It takes time and money to keep ThinkFish going, if you'd like to help, then a Subscription of your choice would be fantastic. Your subscription will help fund new articles, help pay for server costs and help fund development and promotion initiatives, helping us bring you more of the good stuff you love! You'll also see less ads. Why not become a Super Subscriber today!?

We also have sponsorship opportunities for tropical fish related businesses from just 20 per month.

Tags:

Think Fish © 2004-2018 | Keeping Tropical Fish Forum - Everything you need for your Tropical Fish hobby
Tropical Fish Market Place
SEO Services in Kent
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: