Kuhli Loach On Community Creator

Author Topic: Kuhli loach on community creator  (Read 662 times)

Offline Geoffish

• Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
Kuhli loach on community creator
« on: March 03, 2018, 08:44:25 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
Hi
I've noticed that there is a warning for kuhli loaches as s being "too big" to go in with some small fish. I suspect this is because of their length rather than behaviour. I haven't read anywhere else that they can be aggresive and are only scavenge so should be safe enough.

Does anyone know if this is just a glitch due to the algorithm in the CC or should I be more wary of my kuhli loach than I thought?

Thanks

Offline Matt

• Global Moderator
  • Hero Think Fishy Member
  • www.ScapeEasy.co.uk
Re: Kuhli loach on community creator
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 09:01:42 PM »
No you'll be fine!  The CC is flagging this up due to the length of the fish as you say. Even a very small fish wouldn't fit in the mouth of a khuli and besides it is a peaceful scavenger  :)

Fish Community Creator Tanks
Ram / Butterfly Cichlid (2) - Cardinal Tetra (6) - Harlequin Rasbora (6) - Rummy Nose Tetra (6) - Panda Cory (5) - Chain Loach (4) - Honey Gourami (2) - Agassiz's Dwarf Cichlid (2) - Sparkling Gourami (6) - Coolie Loach (2) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Geoffish

• Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish Forum User
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 09:08:31 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 1
Ok, kuhl  ;D Thanks for confirming  :)

Offline Helen

• Hero Think Fishy Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 05:25:25 PM »
I have had kuhlis with a variety of shoaling fish over the last several years. I have never had an issue with them attacking other fish. If anything, they are the most timid of all the fish - if it comes to a showdown over food, the kuhlis are always the ones to back off. But I have got into the habit of feeding sinking pellets not long before lights out, as the kuhlis are king as soon as it goes dark.

I also suspect that they are the reason I don't really have an issue with snails and rarely find dead fish bodies.

Fish Community Creator Tanks
Harlequin Rasbora (12) - Coolie Loach (2) - Bristlenose Plec (1) - Slender Harlequin (10) - Fiveband Barb (12) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (9) - Ember Tetra (11) - Celestial Pearl Danio (6) - Sparkling Gourami (2) - Otocinclus (2) - Bristlenose Plec (1) - Coolie Loach (8) - Harlequin Rasbora (12) - Fiveband Barb (12) - Dwarf Rainbowfish (9) - Kribensis (2) - Slender Harlequin (11) - Ember Tetra (12) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

See less of these, become a Super Subscriber today! We also have sponsorship opportunities for tropical fish related businesses from just 20 per month.

** Become a ThinkFish Super Subscriber **

It takes time and money to keep ThinkFish going, if you'd like to help, then a Subscription of your choice would be fantastic. Your subscription will help fund new articles, help pay for server costs and help fund development and promotion initiatives, helping us bring you more of the good stuff you love! You'll also see less ads. Why not become a Super Subscriber today!?

We also have sponsorship opportunities for tropical fish related businesses from just 20 per month.

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 

Think Fish © 2004-2018 | Keeping Tropical Fish Forum - Everything you need for your Tropical Fish hobby

Tropical Fish Help and Advice
Tropical Fish Keeping Community
General Non-Fishkeeping Chat
Legal | Contact
SEO Services in Kent
Follow Think Fish on: