Warnings

Author Topic: Warnings  (Read 7846 times) 7 replies

Offline Helen

• Super Subscriber!
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
Warnings
« on: February 19, 2015, 07:42:55 PM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
This isn't a question, rather a compliment. My visits to the forum have been sporadic. I have noticed that since my last flurry of activity, a new feature appears to have been added. I particularly like the messages that tell me the post I have been reading / commenting on has been updated. In my opinion, it's a nice bit of programming. Thank you.  :cheers:

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
Re: Warnings
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 09:06:44 PM »
Hmmm, there used to be a setting somewhere that you could choose to receive email notification if someone posted in a thread you'd posted in, and if a new thread had been started in a particular section. I ticked everything  ;D This is how I know someone has posted even when I'm on the family history website  ;)

The first of those is easy. Right at the bottom of any thread, next but one to the reply box, is 'unnotify'. If you don't click that, you'll get an email every time someone posts after you. Clcik unnotify and the emails stop.

It may be that things look different to a moderator; can someone tell me if you go to a section rather than  a thread, eg just go to General Fishkeeping Chat, is there anything at the top or bottom about receiving notification of new posts? I think that's where it used to be rather in the Profile settings. It is possible I automatically get notifications of new threads as a moderator while the rest of you have to select for that  ;D Or it may be that Robert, the admin, had been fiddling with things so everyone gets notified of new threads.

Offline SteveS

• With apologies to M.C.Escher
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 10:06:15 PM »
I think the default values are set in the profile.  I have notify switched off in my profile and, surprisingly, I don't get any notifications. The only button I can see is at the bottom of each thread.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Angelfish (1) - Panda Cory (10) - Harlequin Rasbora (10) - Otocinclus (10) - Japonica Shrimp (10) - Honey Gourami (10) - Galaxy Rasbora (10) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Sanjo

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 09:35:00 AM »
I don't know what I've ticked Sue, but when I log on and go to Fish forum, I get a black box notifying me that so and so has replied to such and such post of mine.

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 09:37:53 AM »
Hi All

The black boxes to the right hand side which appear fleetingly are indeed notifications of posts you may have missed and participated in. The timings aren't perfect but I thought they might add a little something for some users and it seems I was right, so yay that.  :cheers:

Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline Sanjo

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Tropical Fish FTW!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 09:39:04 AM »
Thanks Robert.
Well it works because I was just looking at another post and the black box appeared to tell me Robert had replied to my post in Warnings, so YAY indeed.
Well done

Offline Robert

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 09:43:03 AM »
Thanks Robert.
Well it works because I was just looking at another post and the black box appeared to tell me Robert had replied to my post in Warnings, so YAY indeed.
Well done
   :cheers: :cheers:

Clown Barb (5) - Banded Rainbowfish (2) - Bolivian Ram (4) - Angelfish (1) - Checkered Barb (18) - African Red Eye (4) - Cherry Barb (6) - Neon Tetra (8) - Golden Panchax (1) -

Offline Sue

• Global Moderator Subscriber
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 12:59:32 PM »
I usually ignore those black boxes and go by email notifications  :-[ Since I spend a lot of time on family history research, I rely on those email notifications. I can be searching for a baptism record and get an email - I always check to see if it a 'proper' email or junk! For instance, while typing this, another email has arrived telling me a new topic has been posted "What's your QT routine"

When I come to the forum, the first thing I do is click on 'show unread posts since your last visit' and work my way through them all from the oldest to the most recent.

Tags:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: