Author Topic: Through the eyes of the fish  (Read 7572 times) 32 replies

Offline fcmf

• Global Moderator Subscriber
  • Superstar Think Fishy Member
  • [PicCredit: @NiloSinnatamby]
Through the eyes of the fish
« on: June 17, 2016, 09:18:51 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 1
We're fcmf's fish and we've decided to start a thread from the fishes' perspective.

The female human tends to start work later on a Friday, often after doing our water change. Hooray, though, it's being postponed as she cut the edge of her hand on something in the kitchen and wants to make sure it's fully healed before subjecting us to this upheaval. We don't think the male human will do the water change as he's unlikely to wear the pink hairnet (http://www.thinkfish.co.uk/forums/fish-tanks-and-equipment/best-bit-of-kit/msg22377/#msg22377), so we think we're "off the hook" (horrible pun!) until tomorrow.
:cheers:

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
Re: Through the eyes of the fish
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 10:05:32 AM »
Hi there fcmf's fish and welcome to the forum.  :wave:

Sorry to hear that your human has had an accident, and I hope that it heals soon.

Friday tends to be water change day for my gang too, but it has to be delayed until tomorrow so that I can go to MA and buy some plants to do some further work on the axolotl tanks, which is quite urgent and has a deadline for completion of Monday so that I can move some tanks on Tuesday.

I look forward to hearing more from you soon.
 :cheers:

Offline apache6467

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Catfish Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 11:19:41 AM »
  • Likes On This Users Post 0
hi FCFM's fish!
Mr Whippy says Hi... if you can find him (rineloricaria fallax)

sorry to hear about your human... that reminds me to waterchange but gping to midsummers nights drfeam tonight. sorry fishys!

p.s what is your favorite food?

Offline fcmf

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 02:01:16 PM »
FCMF has been busy working away all morning in the other room and been ignoring us. Hopefully she'll retrieve her sandwich from the fridge and give us our favourite food - chopped pea - for lunch.

We'd quite like to communicate directly with everyone else's fish on this thread - Littlefish and Apache and anyone else will hopefully let their fish communicate on this thread too. We'd quite like to hear what excitement goes on in the tank or anything else you see such as your owners wearing strange attire to do water changes, etc.
:rotfl:
:fishy1:

Offline Sue

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 03:17:50 PM »
We've been feeling cold for the last week which is why we've been hiding. Those red things with all the legs haven't been worried or those great big round things. But Sue put that tube thing in this morning and stole a lot of our water, then she put the water back, and it's starting to get warm again.

We hope it doesn't start getting cold again.

Offline apache6467

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Catfish Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 03:39:53 PM »
Hi, I'm hiding under the wood with the panda core es and waiting for a bit of bloodworm. All the taping and whirring of this blue thing is annoying but it seems to make the water more breathable.(Pandas) Hurry up we want our bloodworm and hello the the three musketeers and little harly!

Offline Matt

• @scapeeasy on Instagram
  • Global Moderator
  • www.scapeeasy.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 07:00:46 AM »
You are all so lucky, Matt's been quite the idiot recently, we had a night of no sleep the night before last when he forgot to turn the light on, then we had a full day of darkness yesterday - we all wish he'd just put the timer back on for us.  Maybe now it's the weekend and his not doing 11hr days away at "work" (we still don't understand this concept), he might find the time to do this. We had bloodworm last night though which was excellent, we can't believe we were so easily won over again just with a little food!

We overheard that Mr and Mrs Matt are going swimming today, quite frankly we hope they don't drown(!) as they are just completely the wrong shape for swimming and really ought to stick to what their designed to do  :rotfl:

Well we can't stop to chat - the iPad is starting to get a bit wet.

Offline fcmf

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 11:18:23 AM »
Yes, we can't quite imagine humans swimming and don't expect that we'll get the chance to witness it although Mrs FCMF has promised us that she'll manoeuvre the TV around so that we can watch something called the Olympic Games which she says our predecessor - the goldfish - was allowed to watch.

We're a little "on edge" as we think we heard the words "water change" mentioned earlier. However, we seem to be safe for a little while yet as Mrs FCMF has one of those strange containers in her hand that she drinks liquid out of. We really find it odd how the humans eat - silver-coloured utensils to lift food off plates and drinking liquid out of containers seems terribly complicated.

Offline apache6467

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Catfish Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 12:45:33 PM »
we like the word water change as, we get all funny and the urge to reproduce occurs. got any fishy wine?

Offline apache6467

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Catfish Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 10:39:22 AM »
Us panda cories would really like to communicate with @fcmf s fish

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 11:14:28 AM »
Ok, being chased by a net, not liking this much.
Now in a bag and being lifted into something called a "bucket" apparently, and it has gone very dark. If we stay close, mate, we can keep each other comany.
This is quite a lot of movement for a considerable amount of time.
Oh, look, airstone. That feels a bit more comfortable.
Why is this strange person dangling our bag in a new tank?
Look, it's just the two of us. As soon as she opens the bag I say we dart to the big clump of plants and hide. Agreed?
Yep.
Ok, bag opening, ready? Quick, swim like fury.
Phew.
Oh, it's gone darker. Perhaps they have night time here too........
Getting light. How about we stick together and start having a bit of a look around?
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Look, right the way over the other side of the room, a big tank with more dwarf puffers!
I'm not sure about "dwarf". Look at them, they're massive, but yes, they do look exactly like us, just huge.
Glad I'm not in with them. I'm feeling a bit peckish. Do you think that if we swim to the front of the tank and look adorable when we see someone in the room, like we used to at the other place, that we might get some food?
It's worth a try mate.
Bloodworms! Result! Nom, nom, nom.
Hey mate, do you fancy a day pottering around the tank together and doing some exploring?
Yeah, why not.
 :fishy1: potter  :fishy1:potter

Offline fcmf

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 06:55:13 PM »
Us panda cories would really like to communicate with @fcmf s fish
Hello - there wasn't much chance of us getting using the laptop last night as fcmf was busy working again. She's been focusing on it a bit too much and ignoring us but at least we know we're safe from her fiddling in the tank. It's meant that she hasn't really noticed what antics we've been getting up to including a party involving lots of chasing games up, over and around the silk plants. We can see another tank with a green plant in it which she says will be moving into our tank but we did hear her muttering and wondering where the delivery of other plants has gone to as she would have expected them to have arrived by now.

We enjoyed reading about the arrival of the newbies at Littlefish's house; hope they are enjoying themselves today.

Offline fcmf

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 06:03:34 AM »
We're not in good form - those humans have interrupted our rest and been up from an early hour, watching that screen in the living room. What can be more important than giving us some peace in the tank?! In her defence, we did hear Mrs FCMF declaring "We can't disturb the fish!" but Mr FCMF was determined to do so.

Offline ColinB

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 07:20:30 AM »
Our human's very grumpy today.

A Selection of Fish in my Fish Community Creator Tanks
Panda Cory (7) - Honey Gourami (3) - Ember Tetra (9) - Lemon Tetra (4) - Cherry Barb (1) - Otocinclus (2) -
Note: The user may not necessarily own these fish, these are tanks that they may be building or researching for stocking purposes

Offline apache6467

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Catfish Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 10:15:16 AM »
Thank god there's no fishy union debate today... the catfish country vote stay or we lose our tankmates next door!

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 10:16:24 AM »
We know what you mean fcmf's gang. Our human has been up for hours and she still hasn't fed us. She's just been watching the box with the pictures on, and drinking coffee, sitting in the chair directly in front of us. We've tried swimming around at the front of the tank to get her attention, but nothing. If we'd have known that we were coming to live with such a slacker I'm not sure that our previous human would have let us go.

Offline Sue

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 05:19:16 PM »
Does anyone else get frustrated?

I have a nice tank which is mine, all mine. No-one else has any right to be in here. But this thing keeps crawling over the glass. I flare my gills and fins out to make myself look big and frightening but it takes no notice of me  :o. It eventually crawls away so I can relax, thank goodness, it's exhausting making myself look frightening.

Then to add insult to that, my human held the black box up near the tank. I know she doesn't like it if I move when she holds the box up so I tried my hardest to move just at the wrong moment. But she seems to think I didn't manage to move every time.

Huh! She's attached something to this post and I can't quite make out what it is......

Offline Littlefish

• aka Donna
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 06:05:29 PM »
Count yourself lucky that you only have the one blob on the glass.
I have half a dozen of these little black and white thingies that potter around the bottom of my tank for most of the day. When they first arrived I tried giving them a harsh look, but they weren't bothered either. Then imagine my displeasure when I found one of them resting in one of my hollow rocks. Cheeky blighters. My human even puts special food in my tank for them when they gather in the open space at the front of the tank.
Although, I'm still the only one she calls "handsome".
Mind you, I'm very impressed with your fins, mate. I've only got small ones, but yours would intimidate anyone. I'm surprised that your blob is still there after seeing a display like that.

Offline apache6467

• Rocking Fishy Member
  • Catfish Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 10:20:16 AM »
little black and white thingies that potter around

You calling us little! To be fair we have a guest in our tank called bertha (and her two pals) and our human wants us to breed. You can't make us do anything mate. Then he puts this orange and black thing in that's taken over the cave! At least it's eating the snails!

Offline fcmf

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2016, 12:11:55 PM »
Our human (Mrs FCMF) has put some green things in our tank today. We heard her talking about the quarantine period perhaps having been long enough after all, and we were beginning to wonder who was going to encroach in our space, or whether we might get some new friends, but these green things don't have eyes, fins or a tail, so we're quite relieved. They look rather like the other colourful plants in the tank but apparently these ones are living. We're a bit wary, though, so are shoaling up together for now and swimming in unison past each of them to inspect before delivering a verdict as to how welcome or not they are in the tank.

Tags:

Assess Tankmates In The Tropical Fish Community Creator

Topics that relate to "Through the eyes of the fish"

Subject - Started by Replies Last post
8 Replies
Last post January 10, 2014, 10:45:54 PM
by SteveS
0 Replies
Last post February 25, 2014, 11:01:05 AM
by Robert
7 Replies
Last post May 08, 2015, 08:33:20 PM
by Robert
14 Replies
Last post September 16, 2015, 01:07:32 PM
by Extreme_One
18 Replies
Last post August 16, 2015, 07:02:28 PM
by fcmf
0 Replies
Last post January 14, 2016, 09:27:06 PM
by fcmf
10 Replies
Last post April 03, 2017, 11:15:19 PM
by fish-friends

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 
Legal | Contact Follow Think Fish on: